Accounting Administrative Assistant
The Wellness Council of America (WELCOA) located in Omaha, NE is one of the nation’s most respected resources for building high-performing, healthy workplaces. With a 30-year history and more than 5,000 corporate members, WELCOA has an impeccable reputation for helping business and health professionals improve employee well-being and create healthier organizational cultures.
The ideal candidate is a masterful problem-solver and an organizing force who will perform accounting and administrative duties. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills. They will support WELCOA’s business growth and accounting department by processing invoices, transactions, expenses as well as updating our accounting database. They will also provide organization-wide administrative support. This position offers opportunities for growth via on-the-job training and experience in accounting and operational procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process invoices and daily transactions and expenses
- Update and maintain accounting database and reports using Sales Force
- Handle day-to-day accounting duties including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable
- Bank reconciliations
- Prioritize all incoming/outgoing communications and answer questions where possible related to office operations and established policies and procedures.
- Answer phone calls and route inquiries as needed.
- Resolve routine to complex situations identifying sensitive matters and notifying appropriate member of the leadership team, as necessary.
- Set up conferences and remote meetings.
- Open and route mail
- Maintain and order office supplies and office equipment
- Maintain membership & newsletter billing
- Manage travel arrangements and reimbursements
- Maintain PTO schedule
- Maintain file directories on hard drive
- Assist designers with communications and data tasks
- Lead the execution of internal events and celebrations
- Assist with new employee onboarding
- 1-3 years’ of experience working in Accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented
Interested candidates can apply by submitting a cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae, and three professional references (name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address).
WELCOA is an equal opportunity employer.