Consultant, Well-Being & Engagement
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
Summary: This is a full-time position working closely with the Account Management teams on the management of clients’ health & well-being programs. The Well-being & Engagement Consultant will manage his/her own book of clients, and assist in coordination of projects and work plans led by the Manager, Well-being & Engagement, in addition to internal education of and projects for account management teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a book of business and provide wellness strategy consulting and project management to said book, including bi-weekly or monthly calls and sporadic in-person meetings
- Assist clients in forming and developing their wellness goals, calendars, and wellness committees
- Assist with coordination of client wellness plan initiatives and programs, including vendor management
- Develop, maintain, and grow relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of high-quality services
- Utilize data analysis (i.e. claims & RX data, health risk assessment, participation/utilization, etc.) for the development of client-specific wellness strategies
- Stay informed on industry research, trends, vendors, and benchmarking to bring innovative approaches to client-specific strategies. This includes knowledge of vendors of all kinds: MSK, incentive platforms, fertility, tobacco cessation, mental health & well-being, etc.
- Maintain and oversee relationships with insurance carriers, vendors, and other stakeholders with clients
- Assist Manager in the development of innovative wellness programs and services that can be leveraged across multiple clients
- Develop internal wellness deliverables region-wide such as trainings, benchmarking, trend reports, etc.
- Assist in running the day-to-day of NFP’s internal well-being program.
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and be proactive
- Ability to work with shifting priorities
- Excellent customer service and project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under competing pressures and expectations
- Ability to assist and maintain good working relationships at all levels across organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in Public Health, Health Promotion/Education, or related health field.
- 4-6 years’ experience in wellness program development, implementation, evaluation, marketing, and promotions
- Knowledge and experience within the corporate wellness industry, including knowledge of wellness vendors of all kinds (incentive platforms, MSK, mental health & well-being, etc.)
- Experience being client-facing
- Basic knowledge of health insurance
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at a computer for a long period of time
- Standing, walking, talking, sitting, hearing
Working Conditions: Hybrid – Home & Climate controlled office environment.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You… Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.