Diabetes Educator (RN)
Excellent opportunity for a Full-Time Diabetes Educator RN to join our busy Employee Health Center located in Raleigh, NC.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provides condition specific self-care education and coaching to client employees enrolled in the Be Well with Diabetes (BWWD) Program for employees of Wake County. This is a diabetes education program that focuses on the use of connected devices to empower members to understand how they can live their best life with diabetes.
Schedule: Monday – Thursday 730a-430p and Fridays 730a-2p
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
- Currently licensed Registered Nurse in North Carolina
- Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist National Certification (preferred)
- Current Wellness Coach Certification from Wellcoaches® OR equivalent International Coach Federation-accredited program certification (must be obtained within 24 months of hire)
- Current hands-on training in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers required.
- At least three years’ experience as a Registered Nurse caring for members with Type 1 and/or Type 2 Diabetes
- Experience working with diabetes technology devices
- Experience in Condition Management, Case Management, Care Coordination, Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) a plus (preferred)