Director of Health Plan Initiatives and Wellness
The Local 94 Health and Benefit Trust Fund (“Fund”), located in New York City, is currently seeking a Director of Health Plan Initiatives and Wellness. The candidate should have experience as a health professional with hands on experience analyzing healthcare claims data and evaluating, strategizing and implementing health management and savings programs for large organizations. The Director of Health Plan Initiatives and Wellness (“Director”) will have primary responsibility for providing data driven analysis and recommendations to the Fund’s Executive Director and Trustees to enable critical decision making.
The Director will have access to all health plan data including medical and pharmacy claims, enrollment data and data analysis and reports provided by vendors with whom the Fund has contracted. Using this data, the Director will support analysis and reporting of health plan trends in areas such as utilization, high risk patient management and outcomes and costs, provide insight into the root cause drivers and develop recommendations for plan changes and wellness programs/initiatives. The Director will also be responsible for the evaluation of the Fund’s existing wellness initiatives and the implementation of new wellness and health plan initiatives with the goal of improving the health and well-being of the Fund’s population while creating cost savings opportunities for the Fund.
The Director of Health Plan Initiatives and Wellness will report to the Executive Director, who oversees the operations of the International Union of Operating Engineers Local Union 94, 94A, 94B Benefit Funds and reports to the Boards of Trustees, and will work closely with the Health Fund Administrator. The Health and Benefit Trust Fund provides benefits to 16,500 active plan participants and their dependents. The International Union of Operating Engineers Local Union 94, 94A, 94B represents employees covered by collective bargaining agreements between the Union and various employers, employer associations and the City of New York with office buildings and schools requiring maintenance of heating and air conditioning systems in the New York metropolitan area.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Data analysis: Analyze and evaluate health plan data and reports on a regular, ongoing basis; identify health plan trends in areas such as utilization, high risk patient management and outcomes and costs; provide insight into the root cause drivers; review newest health trends and studies with outside consultants/experts; assess the health and fitness needs of Fund participants based on analysis of data.
- Program management: Create strategic plan for growth of existing health management programs; identify, evaluate and implement new health management programs and health and wellness initiatives; plan and implement regular wellness fairs, coordinating with the Fund’s vendors; promote and market the wellness program effectively to target populations;communicate goals and outcomes of the program to Fund management and Trustees to ensure understanding and continued support for initiatives.
- Vendor management: Select and manage vendors to ensure performance; act as liaison between contracted vendor(s) and the Fund; ensure contractual expectations are being met; evaluate services and products being provided to determine contract renewal; identify and evaluate new vendors/ providers for programs and wellness activities; manage RFP’s for health management vendors; work with Executive Director to manage and assess program budget.
- Program communication and measurement: Create well-defined metrics to measure the success of programs and initiatives; produce regular (monthly, quarterly, annual) reports for key stakeholders; track, evaluate, and report to Fund management and Trustees on the impact of programs using multiple data sources; gather feedback and metrics on health promotion and wellness activities.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Work Experience: Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in healthcare industry or administration, workplace health promotion, health behavior/education, public health or a related field required. Development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of corporate-based health promotion programs for large and diverse populations experience required, including a minimum of five (5) years of management level experience.
- Educational Background: Bachelor’s degree in public health, healthcare administration, health behavior/education or a related field required. Advanced degree or CHES, CPR and First Aid certifications preferred.
- Special Skills or Credentials: The ideal candidate will be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse and have a working knowledge and understanding of current and emerging healthcare best practices, trends and health behavior principles, data collection, data analysis, and outcomes reporting. Knowledge of HIPAA and ACA rules and other regulations related to corporate wellness programs is required. Prior experience in Taft-Hartley or collective bargaining environment a plus. The ideal candidate will also be detail oriented, highly organized and have strong analytical, reasoning and data analysis skills. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, consultative, negotiation and written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with audiences at all levels in the organization; be able to multi-task and prioritize effectively in order to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects at one time; and have the ability to work well on a team as well as independently. Proficiency with current technologies and MS Office suite required with the ability to learn new technologies.
The Fund offers a competitive salary and a fully paid, comprehensive benefits package. The Fund is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability.
To apply, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com or Segal Consulting, Attn: Ms. Agata Zak, 333 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10001. Please include job reference code 0619IUOE94WELin the subject line or with your application.