Group Fitness Instructor
Role of Position
Healthbreak, Inc. is looking for a qualified fitness instructor to join their talented team of professionals to provide services within a small corporate fitness center environment. This position will teach group fitness classes as well as provide part-time staffing of the facility. Pay varies, depending on certifications and experience. (Looking at 10 – 12 hours/week max)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and instruct group fitness classes of varied formats using own music (HIIT, Circuit, Boot Camp, General, Step, Yoga, Pilates, ZUMBA, etc.) within the offering times of before work, lunchtime and after work
- Properly instruct fitness center members on exercise form and modifications for various ages, abilities and health conditions according to industry standards.
- Provide part-time staffing of the facility including facility tours and fitness floor monitoring before and/or after class instruction times.
- Administer proper screening and clearance for all new employee members.
- Conduct fitness equipment orientations.
- Provide members with information regarding safe nutrition, fitness, and weight management guidelines.
- Assist with implementation of incentive or attendance-based challenge programs for members.
- Keep accurate records including the tracking of utilization of the Fitness Center and other programs.
- A dynamic personality and a personal role model for health and fitness
- Current fitness instructor certification(s) by a nationally accredited agency
- Yoga certification preferred
- Minimum one-year teaching experience
- Current CPR/AED & First Aid certification
Working Environment: The work environment characteristics are representative of those an instructor encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an instructor to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some lifting is required, up to 50 pounds. Frequent pushing/pulling, kneeling, crouching, balancing, bending/squatting, lifting/carrying is part of the job.