Health and Wellness Program Manager
The Health and Wellness Program Manager uses the knowledge, principles, and practices of wellness and well-being to develop various wellness programs for external wellness clients and for the internal PHS wellness program. The HWPM is a strategic partner who collaborates with client leadership and the TSG team to seek and promote a culture of health and well-being, provide innovative and science-based solutions, and address the wellness needs of the participant population. Having specialized expertise in the area of wellness, with demonstrated success working in the field, the HWPM will design, develop, recommend, implement, and evaluate goals, objectives, and procedures related to the menu of wellness program offerings. Program Managers must be responsible for either leading or managing wellness programs and/or a lead role in manager large revenue generating client account or accounts.
- Drive the development, planning, and execution of wellness initiatives and programs; ensure programming is consistent with established wellness goals and is outcomes focused.
- Be purposeful in aligning wellness initiatives and programs with the client’s strategy, goals, and objectives.
- Encourage and influence the value of wellness strategy to clients when strategy is non-existent.
- Act as the subject matter expert on health and wellness and behavior change topics; consult on established strategic wellness initiatives with internal and external vendors/partners.
- Gathers and analyzes data to measure success of the wellness programs and initiatives on a set periodic basis.
- Utilize data to support recommendations for new health and wellness initiatives.
- Writes and reviews policies, procedures, and methods relative to the programs; formulates, recommends, and/or implements actions for program improvement.
- Consults and collaborates with departmental leadership, client contacts and relevant vendors to align goals impacting the wellness programs and initiatives. Contribute to large revenue client retention strategies.
- Participates in client meetings in a consultative and subject matter expert role for short and long term design or wellness program offerings.
- Monitor and manage the day to day delivery of established programs.
- Develop, present and/or facilitate educational programs, e.g., courses, workshops, special events, interactive booths.
- Interpret and relay educational biometric screening results and significance of results to participant and client.
- Coordinates logistice and implements organization-wide campaigns, screenings, nutrition, health coaching, and physical activity programs, events, etc.
- Evaluate and improve on company policies related to wellness (e.g., smoking, cafeteria, vending machines.)
- Collaborates with other Program Managers and Wellness Coordinators to refine wellness program objectives that impact client and participant needs and improves engagement.
- Customize Wellness Ambassador Programs and provide direction/support to the various Wellness Ambassador Networks.
- In conjunction with TSG Manager, task Wellness Coordinators with the process to manage and organize a variety of programs that increase awareness and engagement in organization health and wellness programs.
- Perform other assigned duties as directed.
- Three years or more relevant health promotion/wellness or health-related program planning and delivery
- Master’s degree preferred, Bachelor’s degree or higher degree with an emphasis in Nutrition, Exercise Physiology, Health Education or Public Health
- Experience in delivering presentations to small and large groups
- Strong presentation, organizational and prioritization skills to maintain multiple programs while meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication and people skills; ability to confidently interact with all levels of management, including senior management
- Includes in-state travel
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of wellness industry trends and best practices
- Principles and techniques of program management and health coaching
- Ability to analyze, interpret and take action on program reports and metrics
- Able to utilize wellness-related information system applications
- Proficient in Microsoft products, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- May include facilitating a RFP process for a contracted service provider for the activities of wellness programs