Health Promotion Project Coordinator (Student Services Program Coordinator)
The mission of the Health Promotion team within Student Health and Wellness (SHaW) is to mobilize the UConn community to cultivate the conditions that foster student well-being, empower students, and dismantle systems of oppression that impact health. Under the direction of a Health Promotion Manager, the Health Promotion Project Coordinator contributes to this mission by using their research, project management, community engagement, communications, data analysis/reporting, and coordination skills to support a range of health promotion initiatives designed to advance student wellbeing at the population-level, achieving sustainable changes to UConn’s systems and environments. Key initiatives include growing and developing UConn’s Wellness Coalition—an interdisciplinary, University-wide network of students, staff, and faculty charged with creating a thriving, connected community that supports the full potential of every student. Given the dynamic nature of creating organizational change, candidates should be comfortable with ambiguity and possess the ability to thrive in a fluid environment.
SHaW is committed to diversity and inclusion, competence in working with culturally and ethnically diverse populations, and awareness of how issues of difference, power, and privilege manifest in higher education environments. The ideal candidate promotes health equity and reduces health disparities by demonstrating and supporting an understanding, sensitivity, and appreciation for health equity, social justice, cultural humility, and inclusiveness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with SHaW staff from Data Analytics and Health Promotion, supports Wellness Coalition stakeholders by using data aligned with shared measurement and impact goals, analyzing available information, drawing conclusions and understandings, and presenting such conclusions effectively to coalition committees.
- Conducts literature reviews and best practice research to inform health promotion strategies and Wellness Coalition initiatives.
- Provides administrative support to Health Promotion Managers and coalition efforts, including scheduling meetings, producing meeting minutes, and providing other operational support as needed.
- Organizes large and small meetings associated with health promotion and Wellness Coalition goals and objectives.
- Coordinates, prepares, and distributes internal and external communications regarding health promotion and Wellness Coalition activities to a variety of audiences and through a diversity of channels (e.g., website, social media, campus communications, etc.)
- Supports Health Promotion Managers in building and maintaining relationships with campus and community partners and advocating for progress toward identified goals and objectives.
- Provides project support to wellbeing consultations with UConn departments, as well as other emerging efforts to cultivate systems, policies, and environments at UConn that foster wellbeing.
- Contributes to membership, outreach, and funding strategies for the Wellness Coalition and related initiatives.
- Advises students and student organizations regarding relevant SHaW programs and initiatives and how to effectively get involved with those initiatives.
- May independently supervise and implement health promotion initiatives and programs. Monitors compliance with University policies and procedures pertaining to health promotion and Wellness Coalition activities.
- Supports and delivers informational workshops, orientations, seminars, and presentations to successfully onboard new coalition members and provide ongoing membership development.
- May supervise student staff or volunteers engaged in health promotion work.
- Performs related work as required.
Applicants must meet all minimum qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 3+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrated success managing complex logistics associated with interdisciplinary work groups and teams.
- Experience coordinating multiple, high-impact projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated success planning and implementing educational workshops, seminars, and/or events.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Articulated knowledge of trends and issues in collegiate health and wellness.
- Familiarity with community organizing and coalition principles of engagement.
- Experience using and presenting data to inform decision-making and motivate action.
- Demonstrated experience integrating principles of diversity and inclusion into all aspects of program management.
This is a permanent, full-time (35 hours weekly) position. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #497041 to upload a resume, cover letter, diversity statement, and contact information for three (3) professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations