Infusion Nurse & Patient Care Navigator
About the Position
We are looking for a licensed nurse or physician assistant, distinguished by his or her compassion, curiosity, and desire to learn and grow. This role will include clinical administration and oversight of ketamine infusions as well as patient relationship development and care coordination. Working closely with the founder team, this person will help craft and administer an evolving care model for a cutting edge, high impact mental healthcare solution. For interested applicants, we would be supportive of academic publishing opportunities. This is a full time role in Brooklyn Heights, New York, with salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Acceptable candidates must have a current New York State License in one of the following professions:
- Nurse: Registered Professional Nurse (RN), Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), or Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Ownership of patient care in-office including:
- Facilitation of IV infusions in accordance with Ember Health protocols
- Conversations with patients pre and post infusion to provide clear instruction and set the tone for treatment
- Monitoring of patients during the infusion process
- Creation of a positive, relaxing, and professional environment
- Maintenance of accurate electronic medical records and efficacy data
- Management of a highly-organized, safe, and clean work area
Patient care management
- Coordination of regular communications among patients, mental healthcare providers (therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, primary care physicians), and Ember Health’s medical team
- Long term relationship development with patients, including capture and synthesis of feedback about the Ember Health experience
- Regular surfacing of ideas for how to improve patient care
- You are warm, compassionate, and empathetic. You are motivated to help others, and have a way of building trusting, caring relationships with ease.
- You are a systems thinker. You consider the needs of patients and mental healthcare providers within a larger ecosystem of care, and creating positive, reinforcing health and wellness feedback loops.
- You are mission driven. You are motivated to help people realize their full potential, and are a fantastic ambassador for a cause you believe in.
- You are a skilled communicator. You’re both a great listener and an effective speaker and writer.
- You are detail-oriented and have excellent organizational skills. You take pride in a beautifully placed IV every time, and typos in your emails make you cringe.
- You are passionate about learning. You seek out direct feedback and love to invest in your personal development. You’re resilient in the face of challenge.
- Highly adept at placing IVs, trained and experienced in cardio-respiratory monitoring, and comfortable monitoring patients during procedural sedation
- At least some professional experience in patient communications and care navigation
- Experience in mental health desired, with a working knowledge of depression
Why the Role is Compelling
As the Infusion Nurse & Patient Care Navigator of our Brooklyn Heights location, you would be an integral part of the mental health of dozens of people seeking relief from depression. Your contributions would help establish the standard of care for one of the most promising treatment options in mental health. You would work within a supportive, development-oriented environment, committed to your professional growth and personal priorities. You would have a direct line of sight into the growth of an entrepreneurial company, poised at the forefront of a field realizing breakthrough results in mental health.
About Ember Health
Join us in defining and delivering the highest standard of care for one of the safest and most effective treatment options for people seeking relief from depression.
Ember Health provides infusions of ketamine in a safe, monitored environment to people seeking relief from depression. We work with individuals who wish to take control of their lives and realize their full potential, but feel frustrated by the limits of their current treatment plans. By coordinating directly with people’s existing mental health team, we help our patients strengthen and deepen the relationships they have with their trusted providers, and craft treatment plans that meet individual needs. Our team is driven by an ambition to shape the highest standard of care for ketamine therapy, based on a patient-centered experience, an ecosystem of support, and evidence-based care. More than 80% of the patients we’ve worked with to date have reported feeling relief from their symptoms, 60% of whom have gone into full remission of their depression following initial treatments. Encouraged by these outcomes and poised at a moment of growth, we’re building our team slowly and carefully. We are looking for distinctive talent – driven by curiosity, commitment, and a desire to learn and grow.