Maternal Mental Health Coach
Prospera Mental Health & Wellness
Join our team of maternal mental health coaches!
Position: remote, part-time, independent contractor
Prospera’s mission is to remove all barriers to helping moms access high quality mental health support. We combine digital tools, mental health coaches, and therapists to provide evidence-based emotional support for anxiety, depression, anger, intrusive thoughts, stress, birth trauma, and more. We are using a novel approach developed at Prospera called Digital Affect Regulation Training (DART).
With a monthly subscription, clients have access to weekly sessions with highly trained mental health coaches with expertise in maternal mental health, and unlimited use of our digital tools library, which includes interactive, evidence-based tools to help clients develop emotion regulation skills.
We are seeking highly conscientious and personable mental health coaches. In this role, you will meet with Prospera maternal mental health clients to support them in setting goals for their emotional health, learning to apply emotion regulation skills in their daily lives, and working collaboratively to find the tools and skills that work best for them. The role requires comfort adhering to a manualized protocol and an interest in learning and applying evidence-based techniques. All client visits are conducted via video call.
To serve as a maternal mental health coach, you must be certified in DART. Thus, the first step prior to being considered for the position is to apply for our certification program. The program is 20 hours and includes courses in evidence-based emotion regulation strategies drawing from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Prolonged Exposure, and Motivational Interviewing, as well as training in perinatal mental health. Becoming certified and serving as a mental health coach is a good fit if you’re someone who likes supporting and helping others reach their goals, are interested in learning evidence-based mental health techniques, and are passionate about improving support for moms. We strongly encourage candidates with lived experience as a caregiver to apply.
Process for application and certification:
Step 1: Apply to participate in our DART certification program.
Step 2: If accepted, you’ll complete our intensive certification coursework. Please note the dates of our next DART certification program: Monday, Oct. 30th – Friday, Nov. 3rd, 8:30am – 12:30pm PST, held over Zoom.
Step 3: Pass written and oral exams demonstrating proficiency in DART.
Step 4: Complete a probationary period including session observation and session documentation review.
DART Certification Program Requisites:
- BA or BS in psychology or related field
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Experience with coaching, crisis line or peer support, therapy, assessment, patient care, and/or caregiving
- Completed coursework in clinical psychology
- Basic understanding of cognitive behavioral therapy principles either from coursework, research, or hands on experience
- Strong social skills
- Ability to learn independently
- Strong interest in mental health and the perinatal period
- Quiet and private place to hold sessions with strong and reliable internet connection
- Access to a computer with a camera and microphone
- Commit at least 15 hours per week
- Commit to at least one year of working with Prospera
- Attend weekly case consultation
- Maintain coaching documentation according to Prospera’s protocols and procedures
- Adhere to benchmarks for client retention and clinical outcomes
- Compensation starts at $25/hr, with increases based on experience, performance, and length of employment.
This job does not accrue hours toward licensure as any mental health professional (LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, etc.). Licensed mental health professionals are not eligible for this opportunity.
We receive applications from a large number of highly qualified candidates and unfortunately we can accept only a small number into our certification program. Please take care in completing the application to increase your chances of selection. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, however the last day to submit an application for the upcoming DART certification program is October 4th.