Occupational Health Registered Nurse
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
In this role you will
- Provide nursing support to WWP to reduce health risks and improve well-being
- Support health promotion efforts to encourage utilization of WWP (including developing website, blog, newsletter, and WebMD portal content).
- Responsible for the development and coordination of healthy habit programs/services focused on nutrition, behavior change, and health coaching.
- Assist with coordination of health screenings while maintaining technical skills to complete biometric screenings and health promotion skills to provide coaching support to participants.
- Assist in planning and implementation of Lab-wide events.
- Support the HCP by performing Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC) audiometric testing, fit testing, evaluation and counseling of HCP enrolled workers.
- Provide health education and case management support to enrollees who have work related hearing loss.
- Work collaboratively with licensed health care and allied health and safety professionals, supervisors, and other stakeholders involved in administering the HCP.
- Develops, secures, and maintains any equipment or instructional materials needed to conduct WWP and HCP program/services.
- Collaborate with health promotion coordinator to conduct needs assessment and analyses for WWP and HCP services.
- Assess and evaluate occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses and initiate appropriate first aid clinical treatments.
- Conduct physical examination testing, including phlebotomy, EKG, spirometry, audiometry and vision.
- Conduct health hazard evaluations, including worksite evaluations, and train and counsel patients on preventive healthcare.
- Perform other duties as assigned.