Onsite Employee Wellness Coordinator Sr
About Blue Cross
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.9 million members. We’re committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you’ll join us. Please note that effective 11/23/2021, all associates must be fully vaccinated for COVID19 unless legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation related to religious or medical exemptions.
How Is This Role Important to Our Work?
This position is responsible for supporting the planning, design, implementation, delivery and evaluation of comprehensive corporate health promotion programs (including but not limited to personal wellness consultations, health screenings and health risk assessments, prioritizing health and fitness fairs, awareness events and motivational contests/challenges). The candidate will also be responsible for assisting with generating reports, including, but not limited to, wellness program tracking and utilization, and program analysis! This position will be on-site at St Luke’s hospital in Duluth.
A Day in the Life:
- Develop, plan, market and implement employee onsite wellness initiatives to improve client company employee health. Work closely with Operations Account Manager, Clinical Account Manager and Health and Wellness Program Manager to ensure consistent support and communication to client company.
- Collaborate with client company human resources team to review health plan data, including population claim trends to resolve wellness programs that meet the needs of employees and assist with controlling healthcare costs. Collect and analyze outcome data to measure success of wellness programs and initiatives; compile and present comprehensive quarterly and year end objectives report on participation, programs and outcomes.
- Actively market and promote wellness initiatives to employees; prepare announcement materials, booklets, newsletters, web page and other media. Prepare and deliver professional presentations at leadership meetings, lunch and learns, interdepartmental meetings, company sponsored events.
- Partner with the company vendors, such as client company cafeteria vendor to offer balanced options. Maintain and support a network of location-based wellness champions.
- Establish an effective working relationship with local community leaders; perform community liaison and outreach activities for community wellness initiatives and programs Maintain outstanding level of service at all points of customer contact.
Nice to Have:
- Masters degree in health-related field, Clinical Practice and/or Health Promotion. CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist) certification preferred.
- Outstanding social skills.
- Public Health/Community Health Experience.
Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelors degree in Health Promotion or related field required and five years of experience in the delivery and coordination of corporate based health promotion programs.
- Skills in program development, implementation, marketing and promotion.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills with the ability to empower others.
- The ability to work both independently and as a part of a team with passion, initiative and creativity.
- Able to attend to detail, work under pressure, and prioritize.
- Strong conceptual, strategic and visionary skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Personable, energetic, professional, self-motivated, and detail-oriented.
- An ambitious thinker with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of ROI outcomes.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels.
- Ability to meet changing deadlines and be able to multitask.
- Strong interpersonal and time-management skills.
- Excellent skills in all Microsoft Office Programs including Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Excel.
- Up to 20% travel required.
- Flexibility to work multifaceted hours.
- Ability to quickly gain customer trust and confidence.
Make a difference
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All roles require a high school diploma (or equivalency) and legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.