Onsite RN Health Coach
Health Coach RN position organizes and administers preventative wellness initiatives to employees designed to encourage, educate and engage employees and spouses in healthy lifestyle behaviors that reduce risk factors. Must be comfortable outreaching to employees and drawing them into health coaching program. Wellness services are provided within the boundaries of the State Nurse Practice Act, other legal and regulatory guidelines as well as Company policies.
Ability to work in a matrix environment and maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
This person must have an interest in interacting respectfully employees and spouses to promote general health by emphasizing the principles of screening, prevention and health consumerism.
Under the direction of the Coordinator’s assigned location’s Human Resources Manager and US HealthCenter:
- Main duty includes promotes employee awareness by establishing health and wellness related goals and coaching/supporting people in their efforts to change; teaching employees and families to understand basic conditions, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Documents client care services by entering appropriate notes in wellness provider’s coaching and biometric records (manual/electronic data base).
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among wellness team members by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods. Includes partnering with safety manager and team to help address ergonomics and implement back conditioning programs.
- May perform routine screening exams, including finger stick and/or phlebotomy, blood pressure measurement and measurement of routine vital signs.
- Establishes a HIPAA compliant environment by maintaining patient confidentiality and protects operations by keeping information secured. Provide HIPAA educational intervention and support on an individual and group basis as needed.
- Delivers workshops and training to employee participants.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to professional standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations as applicable.
- Maintains a clean work environment using basic infection control practices with collaboration from site housekeeping staff.
- Protects employees and spouses by adhering to infection-control protocols and notifications.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; after appropriate approval, places and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Perform other duties as directed and assigned by management.
An RN or other qualified individual who has competencies in the areas of preventive health screening, results review, health coaching skills and corporate health promotion.
Optional Areas of Responsibility
- Assist with occupational and non-occupational injury and illness cases when available.
- Provide CPR/AED/First Aid training for a Medical Emergency Response Team to provide immediate care to an injured or ill employee.
- Coordinate and offer flu vaccine with signed physician directives.
- Maintain site Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Program, including training for a Medical Emergency Response Team.
For additional information, please contact Melissa Lee at US HealthCenter: email@example.com or 1-262-478-9400
2 to 3 days per week. 1-2 days per week cover 4pm-5:30pm
Potential for additional hours.
Location: Chesterfield, MI