Onsite Wellbeing Coordinator
We are a close-knit team of health promotion enthusiasts who connect people and organizations to leading well-being programs. Through award-winning publications, behavior change programs, and comprehensive well-being strategies we’ve been empowering individuals to change their lives for 34 years and counting. Join our team and be part of a positive, purpose-driven culture.
An AIPM client located in the Midwest is looking to add an Onsite Wellbeing Coordinator to help carry out the overall Wellbeing strategy of the organization. The coordinator will work closely with both AIPM and the client organization to plan, coordinate, promote, innovate, and deliver a comprehensive Wellbeing program. This will include but is not limited to conducting surveys, delivering group educational sessions, coaching individuals to improve their health, developing communication materials to promote specific programs, and tracking participation and outcomes. This position will require regular travel to multiple retail and warehouse locations.
• Assess the needs, culture, management and employee concerns of the worksite to develop a delivery plan and implementation schedule.
• Work closely with the client management team to integrate Wellbeing Program and its activities into culture.
• Coordinate program promotion including development and/or distribution of promotional and communication materials.
• Plan, coordinate, and administer health screenings, including the contracting and monitoring of technical staff.
• Develop and facilitate educational programs such as courses, health fairs, lunch & learns, interactive booths, special events and other on-site programming.
• Counsel / coach employees regarding various health issues. • Provide monthly reports to the Program Manager on activity, evaluation and future plans.
• Order materials necessary for program delivery.
Knowledge and Skills:
To be successful, a Wellbeing Coordinator must have well-developed emotional and social competencies in these areas:
• Self-Confidence – A Wellbeing Coordinator can diplomatically express views that may be unpopular.
• Self-Control – A Wellbeing Coordinator is composed, positive, and focused under pressure.
• Conscientiousness– A Wellbeing Coordinator is organized and always meets deadlines / commitments.
• Innovation – A Wellbeing Coordinator is open to new ideas, approaches and information.
• Achievement Drive – A Wellbeing Coordinator constantly strives to improve standards of excellence.
• Commitment– A Wellbeing Coordinator makes sacrifices to meet goals and believes in core values.
• Initiative – A Wellbeing Coordinator pursues goals beyond what’s required or expected of them.
• Optimism – A Wellbeing Coordinator is persistent despite obstacles and expects success, not failure.
• Understanding – A Wellbeing Coordinator senses other’s feelings / perspectives and takes interest them.
• Service Orientation – A Wellbeing Coordinator anticipates, recognizes and meets client needs.
• Communication – A Wellbeing Coordinator deals with issues, listens and seeks mutual understanding.
• Conflict Management- A Wellbeing Coordinator is diplomatic, tactful and able to calm tense situations.
• Collaboration and Cooperation – A Wellbeing Coordinator shares plans, information and resources.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in health promotion, health education, nursing, athletic training, nutrition, other health related field.
• Two years of experience developing and delivering Wellbeing programming.
• Knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, stress reduction and chronic conditions.
• Intermediate level of proficiency working with technology including word processing, spreadsheets, power point, data entry, and working with mobile health applications.
• Certification from a professional Wellbeing organization or CHES certification a plus.
• Certification as a “Movement Training Specialist” a plus. • Bilingual English / Spanish a plus.
The statements above describe the general requirements of the Wellbeing Coordinator position but are not intended as an all-inclusive listing of duties that may be required of the individual in this position.
Please submit cover letter, salary history and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.