Part-Time Associate Acupuncturist Position
Modern, thriving wellness office in the West Loop neighborhood of Chicago seeks a unique, Associate Acupuncturist to work in-house as an independent contractor. Candidate will operate under the REMIX brand and should align with our ethos, aesthetic and code of conduct.
Candidate should be fully licensed by NCCAOM and IDFPR, and also well-seasoned in treating patients in various areas of needs, especially women’s health and wellness. Candidate will be working part-time (2-3 days a week) as a key member of our team, seeing one patient at a time, as we are committed to intentional and focused one-on-one care.
Ideal candidate will book their own clients, seeing new patients, as well as interacting with, and treating, our already-existing roster of savvy, urban patients who seek the aid of complementary, natural medicine in the modern hustle.
REMIX Acupuncture + Integrative Health was founded by Giselle Wasfie , L.Ac., Dipl. OM, MSTOM, DACM, in 2012. From using the effective, safe and natural techniques of traditional Chinese medicine, such as acupuncture and cupping, to our 100 percent natural, organic, and handmade line of essential-oil-rich aromatherapy and beauty products based in herbal medicine — REMIX is here to meet the needs of a modern, urban client, and to affect and elevate our patients’ lives in a fresh and holistic way.
REMIX is an independent business, fit with an intimate team of employees who service clientele both in-person and online. The mission of REMIX Acupuncture + Integrative Health is to guide the patient and their body’s own powerful healing response by using traditional Chinese medical techniques and Eastern Nutrition to transform them on a mind-body-soul level—all naturally. And by providing a clean, modern and inviting environment, we encourage a culture of dialogue and healing as a safe space within the urban jungle of Chicago, connecting with our patients and the community.
- Masters of Acupuncture, current NCCAOM certification
- Proficient in the English language
- Active license to practice in Illinois, active NCCAOM certification
- CPR certified, clean needle technique, active malpractice insurance
Job Description and Requirements:
- Candidate must provide their own Malpractice Insurance and keep CEU requirements and licenses active and current. We provide liability insurance for the space.
- Be willing to learn the flow of the office and treat accordingly, this includes incorporating extra modalities such as essential oils, moxabustion, cupping, gua sha, crystals, etc. when appropriate.
- Candidate must be able to work independently in the office without any on-site assistance. This includes managing the responsibilities of opening, closing, light cleaning, completing monetary transactions, and maintaining the general office space.
- This position will start with a 3-6 month probationary period, during which pay and hours are flexible and negotiable. Pay will be determined per patient on a split percentage basis. Candidate should expect to work between 20-25 hours per week seeing patients and seeking out their own clientele (shift length is flexible).
- The days open for employment are Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday during whichever hours you determine.
Interested candidates should send a resume as well as short paragraph describing your style of practice, niche, as well as an explanation of how you envision your role as a provider in an integrative medicine clinic to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!