Per Diem On-site Wellness Coach
Wellness Solutions, a subsidiary of WorkCare, Inc. is currently looking to hire multiple per-diem wellness coaches to join us at onsite events for our first responder clients located throughout Butte County, California.
This is a per-diem position with events held at various times throughout the year.
Interested candidates must have a flexible schedule with the ability to be onsite full days (8am-5pm PST) Monday-Friday.
Applicants can expect approximately 1-2 events per month ranging in 3-5 days in length per event.
Our wellness coaches will provide various confidential screenings including manual blood pressure checks, BIA body fat measurements, FMS (functional movement screenings) and various other screenings following ACSM guidelines.
The wellness coach will discuss individual health screening test results onsite immediately following screenings and assist participants in establishing lifestyle/behavior modification changes as needed.
Coaches will provide exercise and nutrition recommendations and assist with future goal setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, nutrition or related field
- FMS (Functional Movement Screening) Level 1 or higher certification (if experienced in conducting FMS screenings, ability to get certified within 1 month of employment)
- 1-2 years of experience providing wellness and fitness testing services and wellness coaching, preferably with first responders
- Experience taking manual blood pressure readings
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Outgoing and personable with a passion for health and wellness
- Flexible schedule to accommodate participants
- Strong background in injury prevention
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
WorkCare, Inc., is a U.S.-based, physician-directed occupational health company with global outreach.
Our mission is Protecting and Promoting Employee Health…from Hire to Retire. We believe Work Matters. Health Counts. Prevention Saves.
Our occupational clinicians and industry subject matter experts deliver integrated, total worker health solutions to employers in all types of industries. Our capabilities include Medical Exams & Travel program management; 24/7 Incident Intervention telehealth triage; Onsite Services & Clinics; Consulting Medical Directors; Clinical Accommodation and Leave Management support; and a full suite of COVID-19 interventions. Our Industrial Athlete and Bio-ergonomic Surveillance programs are designed to prevent and manage work-related strains and sprains.