Sr. Consultant, Workforce Health
- Partner with Sales and Account Management (S&AM) as a Sr. Consultant in the development of Wellness programs and strategies to achieve sales and retention goals. Responsible for the development and management of complicated program proposals, recommendations, implementation plans, communication packages, performance measurement tools, and training materials related to the assigned project. Leads development of complex RFP responses. Responsible for conducting wellness presentations to customers, brokers and consultants including at National, Strategic, and L&T, Board of Director and C-Suite leadership levels.
- Accountable for Wellness program engagement through all consulting stages. Facilitates customer and S&AM and Products engagement throughout the development life cycle with minimal supervision. Responsible for strategically influencing and developing program participation goals for engagement plans in collaboration with customer, decisions are made based on customer information and relevant internal data. Accountable for tracking, analyzing and reporting wellness program results for both customers and Kaiser Permanente leaders.
- Works effectively with multiple key stakeholders, cross-functional and cross-regional colleagues, regional/ functional leadership team, and external customers. Effectively partners and supports SCE Associates, Sr. Associates and Product team to build strong relationships with Sales and Account Management teams, Brokers, Consultants and employer groups. Demonstrates leadership, influence, driving for results, communication, conflict resolution and motivational skills. Ability to negotiate, convince and lobby for ideas amidst competing priorities.
- Workforce health knowledge expert. Demonstrate expertise in workforce health uses philosophy, tools and resources in order to develop appropriate customer solutions. Leverages market expertise and prior work experience in current consulting capacity. Acts as an internal and external expert and resource for wellness programs. Keeps current on wellness market trends and uses that knowledge to advance membership and retention through innovative consulting.
- Directs the analysis of customer business processes enterprise-wide or very complex client needs; including increased case load for L&T, Strategic Accounts and National Accounts. Leads functional requirements and prepares workforce health engagement plans and supports program implementation. Leads the process to find innovative approaches to solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality and operational readiness assessment. Identifies onboarding requirements for customer implementations and/or works collaboratively with customer on non-standard custom implementations. May participate in workflows, process diagrams and gap analysis development.
- Responsible for overseeing customer operating plans within HW timelines and processes (e.g., product guardrails). Provides on-going project management and status reporting at all levels. Responsible for navigating and managing through complex resource demands. Responsible for developing solutions to a diverse range of complex problems, which require creativity and innovation. Adhere to help develop and improve HW implementation processes with cross functional areas (e.g., S/AM, CAR, UW).
- Accountable for overseeing the development and coordination of collateral documents. (Customer communications in coordination with marketing, legal, etc.). Accountable for tracking customer wellness budget both internally and externally.
- Addresses customer needs by looking at all variables and making decisions based on urgency of specific cases, given time demands, and key priorities. Does not delay decision making through lengthy analysis or extended data gathering; knows what is needed to make a decision and acts quickly. Makes decisions based on customer information and relevant internal data. Recognizes unspoken organizational limitations and uses this knowledge to understand what is and is not possible at certain times.
- Uses excellent written and verbal communication skills both internally and externally. Must be able to adapt communication styles for different audience and have excellent editing, proofreading and presentations skills.
- Demonstrates ability to be self-starter; able to work autonomously, takes initiative to make progress and overcome challenges; Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances. Work is accomplished without direction and is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives and performance requirements have been met. Plays a leadership role, may manage or supervise staff. Expected to mentor and develop consultant level staff.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience, to include a minimum of three (3) years in a consulting role.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health care administration or related discipline.
- Five (5) years of experience working in a health care or relevant environment.
- Master’s degree.
- Certification or advanced qualification by third party association that matches the function or field applicable to the business discipline (such as AHIP or HIAA); in this case Wellness.
Primary Location: Washington, Renton, Renton Administration – Baker 1300 SW 27th St.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM
Working Hours End: 5:00 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Category: Sales and Marketing
Department: Strategic Customer Engagement
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time