Supervisor, Benefits, Well-being & Retirement
After an initial training period, this position will offer a hybrid work or flexible schedule.
Responsible for the program administration, engagement and support service efforts for a wide array of city benefit and wellness programs.
$63,000 – $82,000/year, +/- depending on qualifications and experience.
Why Team Garland?
Have you been searching for a career that positively impacts the community? Do you want to join an organization that offers growth opportunities? If the answer is “Yes,” then apply today!
The City of Garland has a culture of appreciation, development, and growth!
Garland offers professional development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, a generous pension plan, and a robust benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life insurance. To ensure a healthy work-life balance, Garland offers vacation leave, paid holidays, sick leave, and more! The City Care Clinic provides high-quality family healthcare services to employees and their dependents enrolled in medical benefits at no cost! Garland hosts an annual employee appreciation event and offers an Employee Wellness and Employee Assistance Program.
If you are ready to serve your community and join an organization that truly values its employees, apply today!
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for managing effective and timely support for employees and retirees.
- Serve as implementation partner for annual program cycles such as Open Enrollment, Commit to Wellness, and other benefit offerings.
- Stay abreast of all city benefit offerings and participant guidelines.
- Administer employee wellbeing initiatives focused on risk reduction, condition management and overall health
- Partner with external vendors and CityCare Clinic to provide on-going education programs and resources
- Administer the city’s wellness portal, Virgin Pulse, and related programs
- Serve as project lead for retirement education programs
- Facilitate and oversee retirement preparation sessions
Minimum Education & Work Experience
– 3+ years related experience including leading others in a similar setting
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Preferred Knowledge – Abilities & Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field
- 5+ years of direct experience in benefits administration, human resources, or customer support preferred
- Advanced level experience in MS Office
- Direct experience developing and/or leading group presentations, meetings or events- both instructor-led and virtual
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Intermediate knowledge of business practices and procedures
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to plan and lead multiple tasks and events on target and on budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to present information in an organized, logical manner and ensure execution as expected for all core functions
- Ability to interact and establish positive working relationships with employees at all levels
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in regards to employees’ personal health information
- Efficient time management skills and ability to prioritize workload