Well-Being and Community Programs Manager
Office: Washington, DC
Department: Human Resources (Firmwide)
Reports To: Director of Health & Wellness Benefits and Director of Financial Benefits
FLSA Status: Exempt
Schedule: Core Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., M-F, additional hours as required to fulfill responsiblities
General Summary: Under the general and shared supervision of the Director of Health and Well-being Benefits and the Director of Financial Benefits, and following prescribed department, office and firm procedures, the Well-Being and Community Programs Manager will oversee and manage:
1) the ongoing development and day-to-day functions of the firm’s well-being program and,
2) manage and coordinate the firm’s social responsibility platform and programs. .
The Well-Being and Community Programs Manager is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s clients, attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Well-Being and Community Programs Manager must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
Strategic Impact and Program Effectiveness
- Partner with external well-being vendor and consultants to develop, manage, refine and expand strategic wellness initiative to reduce health risk, encourage healthy lifestyles, and maximize investment and potential ROI.
- Identify and develop internal opportunities to weave mental, physical and financial health and well-being into the firm’s underlying culture.
- Keep abreast of current national and international wellness and well-being initiatives and activities, developing a network of resources and contacts.
- Design strategies for key community service activities and programs in partnership with firm leaders and other internal stakeholders. .
- Effectively engage employees and firm leaders across offices, practices and departments in the governance of programs.
Program Coordination and Implementation
- Collaborate with the Director of Health & Wellness Benefits to plan and implement overall well-being strategy.
- Collaborate with the Director of Financial Benefits to plan and implement financial well-being initiatives within the framework of the overall well-being program.
- Communicate clearly and in a timely fashion with well-being committee and team members, champions, and other stakeholders on all aspects of well-being initiatives.
- Coordinate onsite well-being initiatives with local office contacts and support wellness subcontractors and vendors for wellness-related events at various locations.
- Facilitate and lead well-being committee/champion meetings, educating members on existing programs and initiatives.
- Troubleshoot and issue-spot with external well-being vendor and internal IT on technical or other issues that affect end users’ experiences.
- Coordinate firm-wide service days building effective partnerships with internal departments and externally with nonprofits that will support the execution of volunteer activities.
Program Analysis and Review
- Work with external well-being vendor to provide timely, accurate and meaningful status reports, data analysis and executive summaries regarding program initiatives and participation in existing programs, as well as site-specific health trends which will be used for future well-being program planning.
- Monitor eligibility file to ensure proper access to well-being platform and to address concerns, if and when they arise.
- Review and approve participation records to issue earned incentives, coordinating with internal partners such as local HR teams, IT, Payroll and Finance, as may be needed.
- Partner with medical insurers, consultants and others to analyze aggregate claims data to develop and deliver targeted, relevant wellness programing aimed at reducing claims spend over time.
- Ensure that firm social responsibility milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated enthusiasm about, excitement for, and interest in supporting and developing an “employer of choice” environment
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Willingness to be creative and bring suggestions and ideas to the table
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with internal and external team members, and build consensus and buy-in, when needed
- Proven experience and strategic approaches to build and drive engagement
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Prefer experience with Adobe InDesign
- Proven level of comfort navigating and utilizing HRIS and carrier databases
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to organize self and others
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Willingness and ability to assume new tasks and responsibilities
- Demonstrated strong service orientation, and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with users, peers, office and firm management, and outside business partners
- Ability to work well under pressure, modify course as needed, facilitate solutions, and meet deadlines and milestones for projects assigned
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality of client and office information and adhering to the Firm’s Core Values
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
Educational/Job Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with coursework in corporate wellness management, or other health and/or community sustainability related fields strongly preferred
- Five or more years of experience that includes developing and implementing all components of a comprehensive well-being program with emphasis on program development, motivational techniques, lifestyle intervention and evaluation.