Wellness Account Manager
We have an Account Manager position opening, announced this week, within our Health Management Services department. Please see job post below for more details. This is a mid to senior level role for a candidate with experience in wellness account management with 5+ years of success (especially with large clients). The role will have significant strategic client-facing responsibilities. This is not a behind-the-scenes role. Ideal candidate features include the ability to build on existing excellent relationships with our client-partners, deep working knowledge and interest in the health promotion field and a willingness in becoming an active collaborator and contributing partner to our Health Management Services team. Included in our group are Account Managers, Consulting Directors, Clinical Directors, a full-time Chief Medical Officer, Implementation Specialists, Operations support members, Vendor Managers and the support of our broker division helping us navigate the wide world of health insurance. If you are or know someone who wants to be surrounded by a fabulous team of people who are in this field to change lives and end each day knowing we made a difference…please send them our way.
The position location is in Irvine, CA in a beautiful office park adjacent to the UC Irvine campus, just a few miles from the ocean. Please encourage any interested candidates to submit their application using the provided link and our recruiter will take it from there.
The responsibility of an Account Manager, Health Management Services (HMS) is to build and maintain excellent relationships with benefit practitioners and decision makers for the clients you are assigned to; coordinate HMS client activities; assume primary responsibilities for assigned client deliverables; and support HMS marketing and sales activities.
Develop and maintain effective and productive relationships with clients, prospects and vendors.
- Support HMS relationships with multiple clients
- Maintain regular contact and develop strong relationships with assigned clients
- Identify needs and opportunities with existing client base
- Support vendor evaluations, invoicing, deliverables, and relationship management.
Coordinate HMS client activities with those of Case Managers, Services and Underwriting and Procurement Services.
- Participate in client-centric meetings to coordinate activities and deliverables
- Provide updates, interface with Account Managers to support delivery of HMS services
- Work with Marketing to create and deliver employee communications regarding health promotions and care management programs.
- Support UPS in plan design
- Coordinate renewal and open enrollment activities with Case Managers and Service to assure effective integration of HMS priorities into design, communications and implementation of annual plans
Assume Primary responsibility for client deliverables. As assigned, this may include:
- Client reports
- Arranging onsite health screenings
- Client-specific enhancements of basic WebMD web sites
- On site coordination of health fairs and medical screenings
Support HMS sales and marketing opportunities
- Tailor proposals to specific prospect requirements
- Provide RFP responses for HMS
- Assemble PowerPoint presentations to support sales activities
- Coordinate meetings, webcasts, and visits by prospects
- Additional duties may include:
- Work assigned leads to qualify and nurture potential prospects
- Engage in commissionable sales activities to prospects
- Co-author articles on health promotion, disease management and health improvement
- Deliver conference presentations on health management topics
- Work directly with clients to evaluate health promotional needs
- Develop proposals for HMS services
- Manage the relationship Precept and specific HMS-only clients
- Ability to quickly develop relationships of trust and confidence with a variety of people
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to manage complex employee health programs
- Ability to deliver results to clients through coordinating the efforts of others
- Ability to present complex issues/data with a high level of clarity and impact
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent relationship building and listening skills
- Excellent project management and follow up skills
- Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer and supporting software in a Windows based environment including, MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Desirable: Graphics experience, report development, vendor management experience
- HTML experience a plus
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years experience in employee benefits with relevant background in client management, sales, corporate benefit administration or insurance brokerage. Health care or claims experience would be ideal
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
- Requires mobility and physical activity: Having an adequate range of body motion and mobility to work in an office environment including standing and walking, sitting for extended periods of time, bending, twisting, reaching, balancing, occasional lifting and carrying of up to 30 pounds.
- Use of computer and telephone systems is required which includes coordination of eye and hand, and fine manipulation by the hands (typing, writing, and working with files)
- Requires talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work. Talking is required to impart oral information to employees, clients, and the public, and in those activities in which the employee is required to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Requires hearing: Hearing is required to receive and communicate detailed information through oral communication
- Requires seeing: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and at a distance. This factor is required to complete paperwork for many of the employee’s essential job functions
- Requires the ability to collect and analyze complex numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions
- Requires the ability to work and cooperate with clients, co-workers, managers, the public and employees at all levels in order to exchange ideas, information, instructions and opinions