Wellness Administrative Specialist
Serves as the primary and first level of support of Aspirus Business Health Wellness. Provides numerous and varied support services within the Aspirus Business Health Wellness Department in the areas of client customer service, medical records, data entry, reporting, and department administrative support. Follows office policy and provides and promotes a professional and pleasant atmosphere for clients and staff through excellent and effective communication.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies opportunities to improve patient/customer experience. Participates in projects/programs designed to enhance service delivery and patient/customer satisfaction.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the Environment of Care, and patient and staff safety. Participates in projects and programs designed to create a safe environment to avoid error.
Job Specific Duties
- Answers telephone in a courteous and professional manner, providing first level of support and directing calls as necessary.
- Registers clients, verifies and updates necessary information in the computer system.
- Schedules and coordinates patient appointments.
- Provides administrative support to staff and Wellness programs.
- Types memos, letters, emails, meeting minutes, spreadsheets and reports in a timely and accurate manner and format as requested.
- Prepares reports and written communication for Aspirus Business Health Wellness clients including utilization reports, newsletters and other communication as directed.
- Schedules meetings, meeting rooms, providing necessary resources.
- Maintains strict patient, client and company confidentiality.
- Assists with disseminating information to involved areas.
- Possesses excellent and compassionate customer service skills to resolve questions and concerns striving to exceed customer expectations, being an advocate for optimal outcomes and recognizing and responding to the customer’s needs.
- Possesses strong personal computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Develops thorough understanding of ManageWell system.
- Works with other members in Aspirus Business Health to promote a teamwork environment.
- Demonstrates a high degree of accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail to all performed tasks.
- Develops and maintains customer satisfaction surveys.
- Performs clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, mailings, tabulating and basic word processing data entry.
- Proactively researches and solves problems.
- Assists with testing for upgrades, modifications, and implementations for the ManageWell system.
- Supports education of end-users, including training, tip sheets and training plans.
- Logs and resolves support calls for internal and external customers.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining complete and accurate records and data.
- Transforms data into usable information through appropriate formats, graphics, and report writing.
- Assists in the analysis of data and identification of trends for summary reports.
- Generates and distributes reports on a timely basis.
- Performs data entry for specified databases.
- Troubleshoots problems/issues that arise, researches answers to those problems, and provides the required information to resolve the problems.
- Assists with biometric screenings, health fairs, and other employer based onsite services.
- Demonstrates the ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining quality standards in his/her work.
- Works in a collaborative manner with Director and other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works at the highest level, utilizing a team-based approach, to ensure that patients have the full attention of a dedicated team of health care providers who work together to manage their care, while supporting diversity and cultural factors.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Education
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications normally acquired through completion of a High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate Degree in Health or Business Administration is preferred.
- Background in health and wellness is preferred.
- Two to three years of related administrative assistance or office management experience, including one year in a health and/or wellness setting preferred.
- Additional education or previous experience with Microsoft Office applications required. Proficiency in use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred.
- Knowledge of healthcare administration principles and organizations policies and procedures, along with applied policies and principles to solve everyday problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Proficient typing skills with a minimum of 45 wpm with a high level of accuracy.
- Skill in gathering, analyzing and interpreting information.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to prioritize and coordinate work activities, and exercises initiative, problem solving and decision-making.
- Possesses excellent customer relationship skills and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work effectively with clients, staff and the public.
- Strong organizational skills required and ability to concentrate with being subject to multiple interruptions and changing work priorities. Able to thrive in fast paced work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated level of integrity and trust, capable of maintaining confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a team environment, utilize effective team relationship skills and interact at all levels of an organization.
- Possesses critical thinking skills, the ability to work independently, attention to accuracy and timeliness in all work products and related work experience to develop and enhance skills.
- Computer literacy required relative to the software programs utilized at Aspirus as well as department specific program requirements.
- Is self-directed and displays good judgment with attention to detail.
- Annual competencies as required by Aspirus and/or various regulatory agencies based on entity and/or job position.