Wellness Center Manager
Montgomery County Community College invites applications for the Wellness Center Manager position. The Wellness Center Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Wellness Center at the Pottstown Campus and provide mental health triage support services to students across all campuses. Delivering a program that responds to the College’s guiding belief that every student is able to receive what they need to be successful; the Wellness Center Manager will oversee programming that is inclusive and provides meaningful access to services for all students. The Wellness Center Manager will organize educational health and wellness programming, be responsible for the daily operations of the student food pantry, supervise clinical services, provide counseling to students where needed, and use a data driven approach in creating and implementing new student wellness programs. The Student Wellness Inclusion Model comprises mental health services, counseling services, case management services, health and wellness promotion, as well as additional student support programs —a portfolio that recognizes and exemplifies the commitment to addressing well-being holistically.
*This is a temporary grant paid position and is contingent upon grant funding. The expected end date for this grant is June 30, 2023 (with possible extension).
**This position requires the new hire to submit the Child Abuse clearance, the PA State Police clearance, and FBI Fingerprint results to Human Resources, prior to their first day of employment.
***Primary location will be at the Pottstown campus, with once weekly travel to the Blue Bell campus. Hours are 8:30am-5:00pm.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Master’s degree in social work, counseling, or psychology; licensed clinician in PA required.
· Supervisory experience in social work and/or mental health settings required; clinical supervision ability; active license
· A minimum of three to five years of relevant experience, including working with youth/young adults and/or students
· Demonstrated leadership, supervisory and managerial skills, including oversight of multiple programs; and ability to establish goals and workload priorities
· Experience managing partnerships with external agencies, including local community organizations/programs
· Demonstrated experience in maintaining compliance with HIPAA, FERPA, and grant requirements
· Demonstrated commitment to serving, and experience with effective outreach, to a diverse student population
· Strong consultation skills with particular ability to assess situations and recommend appropriate responses and/or resources; ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency situations
· Experience with program development, outcomes assessment, and the use of data to enhance services and make decisions is a plus
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work cross-functionally with students, administration, faculty and the community at large
· Ability to work independently and with a team
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
· Understanding of relevant regulatory issues including HIPAA and FERPA
· Sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds
· Highly motivated, focused, and results oriented
· Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times
· Ability to manage multiple tasks
· Ability to maintain composure under stressful conditions
· Ability to be optimistic, positive, and supportive in interactions with others
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 24,000 students annually. The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College was recognized by NISOD and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education as one of sixteen “2021 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges.” Visit mc3.edu or join us on Twitter @mccc.
Apply online: For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit https://www.mc3.edu/employment-opportunitiesThis position is open until filled.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.