Healthcare Without Rival
We are seeking a Wellness Coachto work part-timein our Employer Health Centerlocated in Malvern, PA.
Seeking Work/life balance? No Nights, No Weekends, No Holidays!
The schedule is 20 hoursper week. Preferred availability Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Premise Health is the world’s leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations’ total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
About the role:
- Delivers one on one and/or group coaching sessions in the areas of weight, nutrition, physical activity, stress, tobacco cessation, sleep, work/life balance and general health
- Creates documentation using electronic systems (i.e., EMR, charting or other specified program etc.) for each interaction
- May assist with the collection of biometric data such as height, weight, and demographic data, consent forms, etc. as related to measurement of progress towards member goals
- May coordinate and conduct wellness programs in areas such as nutrition, stress management, weight management, tobacco cessation, physical activity and others
- Coach effectively in-person and by phone
- Collaborates with health center staff to coordinate and promote health and wellness programs
- Works closely with third party health and wellness vendors
- Promotes a culture of health and wellness through ongoing participation in client worksite meetings and projects, task forces, client-directed outreach, and committees
- May assist the Director of Site Operations in assessing and maintaining reports, evaluating the coaching program(s) & conducting ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the programs
- May participate in ongoing communication with the local clinic within a large contract
- Presents in an effective and professional manner. May interact directly with the client or client representative
- Represents the health center, as appropriate, in scheduled or ad hoc employer meetings regarding health and wellness events or strategic initiatives
- Assists in training of other associates as directed.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Certified by a National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC) approved program or ability to complete an approved certification within 18 months of hire (Wellcoaches preferred)
- Additional certifications in wellness/fitness specialties are desirable (preferred)
- Masters in a health related field or equivalent experience (preferred)
- Minimum 1 year experience working as a wellness coach
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a wellness coach (preferred)
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a healthcare setting (preferred)
- Experience in health promotion or work site wellness and public speaking (preferred)
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.*
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.