Wellness Coach – Bilingual (Spanish and English)
We have an opening for a Full Time Wellness Coach, bilingual in English and Spanish to work at our employer health center located in Dalton, GA!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: Works with employees one-on-one or in small groups to assist in meeting health and wellness goals related to weight, nutrition, and exercise, stress, smoking cessation, work/life balance and general health. May coordinate and promote onsite wellness programs for the client’s employee population in a single contract. Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
- Provides direct assistance in setting health and wellness goals through one on one, and/or group sessions or interactions. Creates documentation using electronic systems (i.e., EMR, charting or other specified program etc.) for each interaction
- May assist with the collection of biometric data such as height, weight, and demographic data, consent forms, etc. as related to measurement of progress towards employee goals
- May coordinate and conduct wellness programs in areas such as nutrition, stress management, weight management, smoking cessation, exercise and others
- Coach effectively face to face and by phone
- Collaborates with health center staff to coordinate and promote health and wellness programs
- Works closely with third party health and wellness vendors
- Promotes a culture of health and wellness through ongoing participation in client worksite meetings and projects, task forces, client-directed outreach, and committees
- May assist the Director of Site Operations in assessing and maintaining reports, evaluating the coaching program(s) & conducting ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the programs
- May participate in ongoing communication with the local clinic within a large contract Presents in an effective and professional manner. May interact directly with the client or client representative
- Represents the health center, as appropriate, in scheduled or ad hoc employer meetings regarding health and wellness events or strategic initiatives
- Assists in training of other associates as directed and completes other duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Certification from WellCoaches within 1 year of hire.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a healthcare setting
- Intermediate skill with the Internet & applicable software, Spreadsheet and Word Processing software particularly PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills in the English language
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to embrace plant based diet teaching
- Wellcoaches wellness coaching certification or a coaching certification from an ICF-accredited program preferred.
- Registered Dietician Preferred
- Masters in psychology, social work, counseling or a health related discipline OR equivalent experience working as a counselor, social worker, dietician or fitness professional.
- Minimum 1 year experience working as a wellness coach Additional certifications in wellness/fitness specialties are desirable