Wellness Coach (Indiana)
Plus One Health Management, Inc., is a leader in the design, development and management of corporate and commercial fitness centers, luxury spas and wellness programs. Plus One applies an integrated approach, serving some of the finest organizations in the world. Plus One’s clients include Fortune 500 companies, Mobil 5-Star rated luxury hotel properties, community organizations and world leaders in the financial services, law, media, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and energy industries. Founded in 1986 as a personal training and rehabilitation clinic for celebrities and discerning clients, the company has grown to be a leader in health management, employing more than 1,800 professionals in over 186 programs nationwide. Plus One’s culture of hospitality uniquely positions us to provide the finest in fitness center and spa management, with attention and efforts focused on delivering the highest level of quality in the industry.
We are currently seeking an Onsite Wellness Coach for one of our corporate sites in the Anderson, IN area. A Plus One Onsite Wellness Coach will be responsible for developing and maintaining a wellness coaching relationship with coaching program participants and assisting them through the process of actively working toward better health by supplying support, encouragement and education. Being onsite, dedicated to one client you learn the specific culture of the workforce and what may motivate them. You become a key resource for employees who are seeking assistance in bettering their health. It is critical that you have the energy and compassion to work with people who may be anywhere in their journey of health. The shift hours for this position will vary so the ideal candidate would be able to work a flexible work schedule.
- Work on-site at a Plus One corporate client working one-on-one with employees using motivational interviewing skills to coach them to make positive lifestyle behavior changes in the areas of nutrition, weight management, physical fitness, stress management, work life balance and tobacco use and other health issues.
- Establish an on-going relationship with coaching participants and offer support and guidance in establishing behavioral goals that are S.M.A.R.T (Specific, Measurable, Action-based, Realistic and Time-Limited) and an implementation plan to reach goals – Meet with employees in person or telephonically on a consistent follow-up basis to review progress, refine goals, explore challenges and provide guidance and motivation to overcome challenges.
- Maintain accurate and detailed documentation of all participant progress using Plus One’s Flex portal – Provide detailed reports on coaching participants’ outcomes and other aggregate data as requested.
- Be familiar with client benefit package and make referral to other health related vendors as needed.
- May assist in collection of biometric screening data such as height, weight, BMI, and other tests to measure progress to employee goals.
- Provide related wellness classes, seminars, health information events to either the coaching group or to the overall corporate population as requested.
- As needed, market the coaching program on site via information tables, lunch and learns and other means available.
- Work closely as an integral member of the Plus One Health Promotion Team by being familiar with integrated products, programs and services offered and in the provision of support and back-up to appropriate departments as needed and as directed by site management
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a fitness, health promotion, counseling, or related health field required.
- Coaching certification from Wellcoaches or another nationally recognized coaching organization required.
- Two years’ experience as a wellness coach in a corporate setting preferred.
- Understanding and proven experience in health management: prevention, screening, behavior modification, and disease management modalities.
- Experience with metric management and reporting -Strong written and communication skills.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work collaborative and independently.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to client and coaching participant’s needs with a high level of professionalism and maturity.
- Display confidence, compassion, understanding and commitment in the coaching relationship
To apply, please visit the Join Us section of our website at www.plusone.com.