Wellness Coach/Health Promotion Specialist
Plus One Health Management, Inc., is a leader in the design, development and management of corporate and commercial fitness centers, luxury spas and wellness programs. Plus One applies an integrated approach, serving some of the finest organizations in the world. Plus One’s clients include Fortune 500 companies, Mobil 5-Star rated luxury hotel properties, community organizations and world leaders in the financial services, law, media, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and energy industries. Founded in 1986 as a personal training and rehabilitation clinic for celebrities and discerning clients, the company has grown to be a leader in health management, employing more than 1,800 professionals in over 186 programs nationwide. Plus One’s culture of hospitality uniquely positions us to provide the finest in fitness center and spa management, with attention and efforts focused on delivering the highest level of quality in the industry.
We are currently seeking an Onsite Wellness Coach/Health Promotion Specialist for our client location in the Chelmsford, MA area. This individual will be responsible for the implementation of ongoing wellness coaching and delivery of onsite support to build a Culture of Health for our corporate client.
A Plus One Onsite Wellness Coach/ Health Promotion Specialist will be responsible for developing and maintaining a wellness coaching relationship with coaching program participants and assisting them through the process of actively working toward better health by supplying support, encouragement and education. Additionally, determining appropriate referrals to other benefit plan offerings and working collaboratively with both internal and external partners will be a key component of this role.
Being onsite, dedicated to one client you learn the specific culture of the workforce and what may motivate them. You become a key resource for employees who are seeking assistance in bettering their health. It is critical that you have the energy and compassion to work with people who may be anywhere in their journey of health. As the Onsite Wellness Coach/ Health Specialist, you will ultimately be responsible for day to day program execution and success.
The strength of the Onsite Wellness Coach/ Health Promotion Specialist lies in their ability to motivate participants. If you are excited about joining a growing team and want to help define and deliver innovative health management programs, this is a rewarding career choice.
The shift hours for this position will vary so the ideal candidate would be able to work a flexible work schedule.
Essential Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a fitness, health promotion, counseling, or related health field required
- Coaching certification from WellCoaches or another nationally recognized coaching organization preferred
- Two years’ experience as a wellness coach in a corporate setting preferred
- Understanding and proven experience in health management: prevention, screening, behavior modification, and disease management modalities
- Experience with metric management and reporting
- Strong written and communication skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to client and coaching participant’s needs with a high level of professionalism and maturity
- Display confidence, compassion, understanding and commitment in the coaching relationship
- Proven ability to deliver health education and programming to motivate and engage individuals
Communication and Work Skills
- Self-motivated, flexible individual who can flourish in an office setting with colleagues as well as in a self-structured independent setting
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Communicate in person, by phone, or via e-mail in a professional and friendly manner
- Strong PC computing experience (Microsoft office and web based tools)