We are looking for an experienced Wellness Consultant to work directly with one of our important National Account customers with headquarters in NYC to promote a culture of wellness and encourage employees to be more connected to themselves and their community.
This is a highly collaborative position working directly with the customer’s benefits team and executive leadership. The Wellness Consultant will work with cross-enterprise partners and other vendors to deliver tools and resources to execute the customer’s wellness strategy. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to bring their passion for wellness to a highly visible role executing a wellness strategy and driving engagement.
- Knowledgeable on all aspects of WSP’s benefits program and how it’s intended to support WSP’s broader approach to total rewards
- Assist in the development, coordination, management, and maintenance of wellness programming to reduce health risk, medical costs, and encourage healthy lifestyles within the WSP population and address virtual, onsite and hybrid requirements
- Recommend wellness solutions and services that align with WSP’s needs and help drive the desired results
- Work with third-party administrators to vet and implement new solutions, and maintain current vendor relationships
- Assess wellness program results and discuss health plan performance with WSP to promote improved engagement in health and wellness programs
- Proactively share information about current national wellness and wellbeing initiatives
- Partner with Aetna’s Plan Sponsor Insights’ clinical and analytic resources on program data analysis and identification of key drivers of results
- Liaison between Aetna, account team, clinical/wellness operational teams and customer contacts to facilitate implementation and promotion of health coaching programs
- Identify local, community medical and wellness resources to incorporate into WSP’s population health strategy and locally augment Aetna clinical programs. (I.e. diabetes education locally, etc.)
- Support WSP’s benefits team in various wellness events (onsite, virtual and hybrid) to answer questions about wellness programs and encourage participation in available programs; coordinate referral to appropriate WSP programs as necessary
- Develop communication pieces (i.e. newsletters, flyers) to promote all aspects of WSP’s wellness program
This is an onsite position at the customer’s office in NY city. This position will be virtual initially with the expectation of being onsite as needed with consideration for flexible work from home arrangements for the right candidate.
- Min 3 years of experience promoting and fostering a culture of wellness in a corporate environment
- Min 3 years of experience with/knowledge of employee benefit programs
- Min 3 years demonstrated project management experience
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- Strong background in employer health promotion and wellness
- Strong background and fundamental knowledge of the healthcare industry
- Knowledge of medical management products, programs and services
- Wellness program certification e.g. WELCOA, Chapman, Corporate Health and Wellness Association. Candidate will be expected to complete WELCOA certification upon being hired in addition to any other certification they have.
- Experienced with MS Office tools
- Experience collaborating with senior leadership and developing content and presenting to executive stakeholders
- Ability to establish highly collaborative relationships within and outside the organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Preferred relevant degree
Bachelor’s Degree minimum
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.