This is professional work which is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and monitoring city wide wellness initiatives. Develops, markets, and promotes programs that create awareness and employee engagement. The work is performed independently, but operates under the general supervision of the Human Resources Director or their designee.
- Develops, coordinates, manages, and maintains total wellness programming to reduce health risk, medical costs and encourage healthy lifestyles.
- Develops strategies for long term components of the program, curriculum, events, training and education.
- Administers and monitors the wellness budget; makes budget recommendations to the HR Director in regard to wellness initiatives and programs.
- Serves as the key point of contact to better educate and assist employees in effectively managing overall health and wellness.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures relating to the city’s wellness programs and activities designed to improve employee health and well-being.
- Facilitates changes and/or additions to wellness programs that reflect the changing needs of employees.
- Identifies wellness vendors and manages the procurement process.
- Conducts benchmarking analysis and internal surveys to aid in program development.
- Facilitates wellness committee meetings and provides guidance and support to committee on implementation of wellness efforts.
- Gathers and analyzes data to measure success of wellness programs including establishing metrics to measure the effectiveness of wellness initiatives.
- Keeps abreast of current national wellness and wellbeing initiatives and activities, developing a network of resources and contacts to use as appropriate.
- Supports and enhances the safety culture by regularly reviewing workplace injuries. Works closely with Health & Safety focusing on the reduction and prevention of employee injuries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned