Under the direct supervision of the Wellness Manager, the Provider Wellness Coordinator is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of integrated and comprehensive programs and to improve the health and well-being of San Ysidro Health employees with a specific emphasis on the health center’s physician and provider workforce. Provider Wellness Coordinator responsibilities include coordinating and facilitating implementation of the employee wellness activities and initiatives; collaborating and engaging in regular communication with a multi-disciplinary workforce to ensure effective and efficient utilization of employee wellness resources; supporting program evaluation and quality improvement via documentation, progress notes, and reporting; and, working with the Wellness Manager to ensure program goals and objectives are met. This position supports the San Ysidro Health Safety and Wellness Committee, and continuously fosters an organizational culture of employee health and wellness.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Coordinate wellness initiatives/projects as they are developed in conjunction with the Safety and Wellness Committee and relevant SYHealth provider groups.
- Assist with design and development of detailed strategic plan for health and wellness programming.
- Coordinate, plan, and facilitate health, fitness, and wellness activities and programs for employees, support development and maintenance of the annual calendar of events.
- Plan and implement classes, speakers, seminars, and other activities that promote healthy lifestyles.
- Assist with planning, promotion, delivery and evaluation of wellness incentive and reward programs.
- Compile statistical summaries of participant data, class attendance, and equipment/supply inventories to ensure proper detailed program evaluation.
- Collect paper and electronic feedback and other data (evaluations/surveys, outcomes, etc.) from program participants; ensure accurate and timely data collection and entry.
- Prepare program reports and support the Wellness Manager in reviewing employee wellness program data.
- Responds to employee questions and concerns.
- Perform other job-related duties as needed, assigned, or requested.
Education Required (Minimum level of education):
- Bachelor’s degree required in field/course of study that provides competency in health and wellness; equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Valid California driver’s license with access to reliable vehicle and appropriate insurance.
- Wellness certifications, Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) or Health Coaching certification preferred.
Experience Required (Minimum level of experience):
- At least 2 years of direct experience in wellness program development and implementation or other relevant experience.
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office, including demonstrated experience with pivot tables, v-lookup, etc.
- Experience working in employee wellness or in a healthcare environment.