University Health and Counseling Services
The University of Wisconsin- Whitewater, University Health and Counseling services invites applicants for a full time Wellness Coordinator position.
This position is responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing programs designed to give students information, skills and encouragement they need to make responsible decisions about their health and well-being. The wellness coordinator also promotes a health culture and environment on campus and in the local community. The coordinator must work collaboratively with UHCS staff, the broader community, and the local community to assist with department functioning as needed.
- Master’s degree in health education or related field
- 2-4 years of experience working in health promotion
- Experience supervising wellness staff, students or volunteers
- CHES certification
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with diverse groups
Manage wellness promotions and programming, including, but not limited to:
- Staff presentations to student groups and classes
- Special promotions and events
- Education through campus media & Student Health 101
- Disseminate survey results and research to the campus community.
- Present multi-media educational and prevention programs for students, staff and faculty
- Work with others on campus and in the community to develop a health culture and environment
- Assess student needs, develop Health Promotion goals and objectives and monitor progress
- Chair the Sexual Assault Prevention Advisory Committee, coordinate campus wide programming
- Contribute as a member of campus wide committees, teams and coalitions
- Assist with accreditation and administrative functioning of UHCS
- Research, develop and pretest new wellness programs and materials
- Manage UHCS web site content
- Evaluate the usage and effectiveness of current programming
- Manage Wellness and Prevention budgets
- Promote good public relations amongst the campus and local community
- Market the services and programs of UHCS utilizing print and social media
- Assume other responsibilities as directed by Executive Director of UHCS
University Health and Counseling Services (UHCS) is a merged health and counseling center that provides physical health, mental health and wellness services to enrolled students. UHCS is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). The mission of UHCS is: Building the foundation for life-long learning and wellness by providing high quality physical and mental health care, outreach, and consultation for our diverse campus community.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is a regional comprehensive university with an enrollment of more than 12,000 students. UW-Whitewater has reached record enrollment four of the last five years and offers 50 majors in four colleges. UW-Whitewater also offers 15 master’s degree programs and recently added a Doctorate of Business Administration. UW-Whitewater students achieve excellence in the classroom and on the playing field. In the 2014-15 Academic Year, UW-Whitewater was the first university in NCAA history at any level to win national championships in football, basketball and baseball in a single year. The campus offers more than 200 student organizations and is a vital economic engine for southeastern Wisconsin. UW- Whitewater is situated on 400 acres of land and has an annual budget of more than $219 million. – See more at: http://www.uww.edu/news.
UW-Whitewater is part of the 26-campus University of Wisconsin System. Located in a community of 14,622 residents near the scenic Kettle Moraine State Forest in southeastern Wisconsin, Whitewater is within convenient driving distance to the metropolitan areas of Milwaukee, Madison, and Chicago.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and all veterans.
Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(b) provides that applicants for positions may indicate in writing that his or her identity should be kept confidential. In response to a public records request, the University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wisconsin Statues 19.36 (7)(a).
UW-Whitewater conducts criminal backgrounds checks as a contingency to employment. A criminal background check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment.
For UW-W Campus safety information and crime statistics/annual Security Report, see http://www.uww.edu/annual-safety-report or call the Dean of Students office at: 262-472-1533 for a paper copy.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Applications received by July 7, 2016 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact us at 262-472-1024 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the position please contact:
Office Manager, UHCS
Only complete application packages will be considered. A complete application includes online submission of the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- 5 professional references (names, telephone number and email)
- Three letters of reference