In the context of our new business trajectory and company culture, Warren Distribution is looking for a Benefits Manger to review and align our benefits strategy in an effort to recruit and retain top talent.
The Benefits Manager strategically plans and manages the design, implementation, communication and administration of the company’s employee benefits and wellness programs, which are designed to attract and retain qualified associates, comply with all state and federal regulations, and meet the business needs of the company. The individual in this position will work closely with cross-functional departments to ensure plans are well-understood, utilized, performing, and compliant.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Plan and manage the design, implementation, communication and administration of the company’s employee benefits and wellness program in compliance with all state and federal regulations and company strategic plan.
- Analyze existing company employee benefits plan considering cost trends, new industry developments and market trends and recommend changes to company’s plans to ensure they remain both competitive and cost-effective.
- Manage the annual open enrollment process including ensuring the HRIS system (UltiPro) is accurate and available.
- Communicate benefit programs and policies to all associates and ensure, with legal consultation, all appropriate plan documents (SPDs, SARs, etc.), notifications and forms are updated and accurate.
- Oversee the payment and audit of all benefit-related invoices in a timely and accurate manner and assist with benefits budget planning and analysis.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and legislation affecting benefit plans and keep management abreast of any changes which may affect current benefit plans.
- Develop on-going communication and training strategy to ensure all benefit programs are easily and fully understood and valued by all associates, utilizing an array of media and channels.
- Work effectively with insurance providers to ensure a solid partnership between providers and associates.
- Coordinate special events, such as health fairs, health screenings, and incentive programs.
- Coordinate human resources’ procedures to initiate benefits such as disability insurance, medical and life insurance.
- Assist with annual expense budget.
- Provide benefit orientations, enrollments, claims processing and self-billings of insurance.
- Keep associates current on any changes or information related to benefits that may impact them.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance, Health Education or related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 7 years of health and welfare experience with progressive responsibilities, or any satisfactory combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Experience using HRIS systems required.
- Certification in Benefits (CEBS or CBP) preferred.
For more information about this career opportunity, please checkout our Warren Careers Page.
Warren Distribution is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against associates or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, creed, gender, religion, national origin or citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, veteran status, or any other protected classifications. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, training, transfer, rates of pay, part-time work, and all other terms and conditions of employment.