Health Coach – Wellness
The Wellness/Health Coach utilizes a collaborative process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, to engage, educate, and promote/influence members in decisions related to achieving and maintaining optimal health status.
We are looking for Wellness coaches to work in the company locations in Harrisburg, PA.
- Culturally aware and sensitive, understands the needs of a diverse population
- Engaging personality
- Flexible to accommodate shift work
- Positive representative of employer programs
- Good public speaker
- Resourceful and creative
- Takes initiative to engage with leadership
- Lunch and learns, webinars using Aetna and other materials
- Conduct In person appointments
- Telephone and e-mail follow-ups to individual coaching clients
- Facilitate peer and support groups using either Aetna approved materials
- Collaborate with onsite teams to aid in initiatives, wellness promotion, events and seminars.
- Is available for meet-and-greet sessions (e.g., in cafeteria at meal times)
- 3-5 yrs experience with healthy lifestyle coaching for weight management, tobacco cessation, nutrition, physical activity and/or stress management
- Experience in facilitating patient/ client positive behavioral change
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, problem solve
- RD encouraged to apply
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor\’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Benefits Management/Encouraging Wellness and Prevention/ADVANCED
- Leadership/Collaborating for Results/ADVANCED
- Technology/Leveraging Technology/FOUNDATION
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Objectives of in-person one-on-one coaching sessions:
- Provide recommendations for healthy behavior changes according to established protocols
- Establish plan of care based on members health status, and educational and support needs based on assessment
- Assist members in weight management, quitting tobacco, stress management, nutrition, physical activity and other healthy lifestyle behavior change programs
- Identify co-morbid conditions, hospitalizations, prescriptions, and other factors that could impact the coaching and support needs of the member outside the scope of the health coaching program
- Support clinical integration and collaboration on members care plan in conjunction with other health professionals
- Refer cases needing more intensive management when indicated to case management, disease management, etc.
- Facilitate group meetings
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Please apply at https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/home.aspx?partnerid=25276&siteid=5012 and use Req #30080BR