Member & Program Coordinator
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Member and Program Coordinator organizes and coordinates membership/program activities through administration functions. Updates information and communicates with current and prospective members. The Coordinator is responsible for maintaining membership and program database along with organizing membership and program registration and invoicing. This part-time position will work alongside the Member Engagement Manager and Program Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Membership recruiting and retention, maintain membership records, organize materials and communications.
- Participates in new member recruitment and retention strategies.
- Invoicing and maintenance for all membership and program services.
- Timely response to all inquiries including, but not limited to, membership, programming, and member resources.
- Promotion of member tools and resources to increase utilization and enhance the value proposition of membership.
- Generate and analyze membership and program reports for WELCOA and leadership.
- Contribute to membership programming and membership goal setting.
- Assist in on-boarding and orientation member education. Create and distribute new member and renewal packets.
- Consult with members on the well workplace process, checklist and well workplace award applications.
- Complete continuing education reporting and applications.
- Responsible for maintenance of content and links contained in Wellness Council website including program registration forms and materials. Some design work may be necessary.
- Assist in all aspects of event planning, promotion and implementation including registrations, communications, attendee lists, badges, certificates, payments and evaluation.
- Contribute to written materials and communications for producing monthly newsletters, program promotion, case studies, email blasts, social media posts, and press releases.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree or 2 years experience in wellness or administrative assistant role; nonprofit experience a plus. This position requires excellent organizational and communication skills; the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively; attention to detail; proficiency in the use and application of Microsoft Office products (particularly word and excel) and office equipment; experience working with database applications (Sales force, QuickBooks, form creation, and mail merges etc.); ability to work with a team and strong customer service skills.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and type. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, grasp, handle or touch objects. The employee is occasionally required to stand, lift, walk, sit, reach above shoulders and lift 30 lbs.
Submit resume and cover letter to Jessica Raddemann at firstname.lastname@example.org.