Onsite RN (Preferred) Health Coach (Whitewater, WI)
Health Coach/Wellness Coordinator position organizes and administers preventative wellness initiatives to employees designed to encourage, educate and engage employees and spouses in healthy lifestyle behaviors that reduce risk factors. Wellness services are provided within the boundaries of the State Nurse Practice Act, other legal and regulatory guidelines as well as Company policies.
This person must have an interest in interacting respectfully employees and spouses to promote general health by emphasizing the principles of screening, prevention and health consumerism.
Duties – Under the direction of US Health Center and the customer’s local Human Resources Manager (s)
- Promotes employee awareness by establishing health and wellness related goals and supporting people in their efforts to change; teaching employees and families to understand basic conditions, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Performs routine screening exams, including fingerstick, blood pressure measurement and measurement of routine vital signs.
- Provides ongoing 1:1 coaching or group sessions to people with future health risks and/or disease management for those with current health diagnoses.
- Establishes a HIPAA compliant environment by maintaining patient confidentiality and protects operations by keeping information secured. Provide HIPAA educational intervention and support on an individual and group basis as needed.
- Delivers workshops and training to employee participants.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to professional standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations as applicable.
- Maintains a clean work environment using basic infection control practices with collaboration from site housekeeping staff.
- Protects employees and spouses by adhering to infection-control protocols and notifications.
- Documents client care services by entering appropriate notes in wellness provider’s coaching and biometric records (manual/electronic data base).
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer\’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; after appropriate approval, places and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among wellness team members by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Perform other duties as directed and assigned by management.
An RN or other qualified individual who has competencies in the areas of preventive health screening, results review, health coaching skills and corporate health promotion.
Optional Areas of Responsibility
- Assist with occupational and non-occupational injury and illness cases when available.
- Provide CPR/AED/First Aid training for a Medical Emergency Response Team to provide immediate care to an injured or ill employee
- Coordinate and offer flu vaccine with signed physician directives.
- Maintain site Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Program, including training for a Medical Emergency Response Team.