Onsite Wellness Coach
Plus One Health Management, Inc., is a leader in the design, development and management of corporate and commercial fitness centers, luxury spas and wellness programs. Plus One applies an integrated approach, serving some of the finest organizations in the world. Plus One’s clients include Fortune 500 companies, Mobil 5-Star rated luxury hotel properties, community organizations and world leaders in the financial services, law, media, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and energy industries. Founded in 1986 as a personal training and rehabilitation clinic for celebrities and discerning clients, the company has grown to be a leader in health management, employing more than 1,800 professionals in over 186 programs nationwide. Plus One’s culture of hospitality uniquely positions us to provide the finest in fitness center and spa management, with attention and efforts focused on delivering the highest level of quality in the industry.
We are currently seeking an Interim – Onsite Wellness Coach for one of our corporate sites in the Appelton, WI area.
We are in search of a dedicated, qualified professional with exceptional interpersonal skills, wellness coaching, health management and project management skills. This individual will be responsible for the implementation of ongoing wellness coaching and delivery of onsite support to build a Culture of Health for our corporate client.
A Plus One Onsite Wellness Coach will be responsible for developing and maintaining a wellness coaching relationship with coaching program participants and assisting them through the process of actively working toward better health by supplying support, encouragement and education. Additionally, determining appropriate referrals to other benefit plan offerings and working collaboratively with both internal and external partners will be a key component of this role.
Being onsite, dedicated to one client you learn the specific culture of the workforce and what may motivate them. You become a key resource for employees who are seeking assistance in bettering their health. It is critical that you have the energy and compassion to work with people who may be anywhere in their journey of health.
As the Onsite Wellness Coach/Health Specialist, you will ultimately be responsible for day to day program execution and success. You will be trained on Optum tools, products and services to ensure thorough understanding of all purchased services from Optum.
The strength of the Onsite Wellness Coach/Health Specialist lies in their ability to motivate participants. If you are excited about joining a growing team and want to help define and deliver innovative health management programs, this is a rewarding career choice.
The shift hours for this position will vary so the ideal candidate would be able to work a flexible work schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on-site at an Optum/Plus One corporate client working one-on-one with employees using motivational interviewing skills to coach them to make positive lifestyle behavior changes in the areas of nutrition, weight management, physical fitness, stress management, work life balance and tobacco use and other health issues
- Establish an on-going relationship with coaching participants and offer support and guidance in establishing behavioral goals that are S.M.A.R.T (Specific, Measurable, Action-based, Realistic and Time-Limited) and an implementation plan to reach goals
- Meet with employees in person or telephonically on a consistent follow-up basis to review progress, refine goals, explore challenges and provide guidance and motivation to overcome challenges
- Maintain accurate and detailed documentation of all participant progress
- Provide detailed reports on coaching participants’ outcomes and other aggregate data as requested
- Be familiar with client benefit package and make referral to other health related vendors as needed
- May assist in collection of biometric screening data such as height, weight, BMI, and other tests to measure progress to employee goals
- Provide related wellness classes, seminars, health information events to either the coaching group or to the overall corporate population as requested
- As needed, market the coaching program on site via information tables, lunch and learns and other means available
- Engages consumers within the worksite setting to drive awareness and enrollment into our clinical and wellness programs.
- Accurately manages multiple technology systems simultaneously
- Builds rapport and establishes trusted relationships with clients (from front line employees to senior executives)
- Fosters a Culture of Health through education, awareness, and engagement in respective health management programming.
- Delivers promotional programming, health events, health challenges, screenings, educational seminars and personal health assessments.
- Regularly tracks and communicates program utilization, and enrollment rates through the appropriate channels.
- Interacts on a regular basis with the complete client’s support structure, Operational management and engagement team, Optum Wellness Consultant, Optum SAE, National Account SAE and Plus One client Account Manager.
Essential Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a fitness, health promotion, counseling, or related health field required
- Coaching certification from WellCoaches or another nationally recognized coaching organization preferred
- Two years’ experience as a wellness coach in a corporate setting preferred
- Understanding and proven experience in health management: prevention, screening, behavior modification, and disease management modalities
- Experience with metric management and reporting
- Strong written and communication skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work collaborative and independently
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to client and coaching participant’s needs with a high level of professionalism and maturity
- Display confidence, compassion, understanding and commitment in the coaching relationship
- Proven ability to deliver health education and programming to motive and engage individuals
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Communication and Work Skills
- Self-motivated, flexible individual who can flourish in an office setting with colleagues as well as in a self-structured independent setting
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
Proven ability to…
- Communicate health and behavior change information to non-health personnel
- Communicate in person, by phone, or via e-mail in a professional and friendly manner
- Empathize, motivate, and encourage people towards healthy change, regardless of culture, religion, economic background · Work and interact with professionals as part of an interdisciplinary and virtual team
- Flourish in an environment where there is constant change
- Accept constructive feedback for continual improvement
- Ability to effectively use multiple technology systems to identify and enroll consumers and review client data
- Strong PC computing experience (Microsoft office and web based tools)
Demonstrate Integrity and Compliance:
- Model UnitedHealth Group’s Principles of Integrity and Compliance, and adhere to our business principles
- Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Effective interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
To apply, please visit the Join Us section of our website at www.plusone.com.