Plus One Health Management, Inc., is a leader in the design, development and management of corporate and commercial fitness centers, luxury spas and wellness programs. Plus One applies an integrated approach, serving some of the finest organizations in the world. Plus One’s clients include Fortune 500 companies, Mobil 5-Star rated luxury hotel properties, community organizations and world leaders in the financial services, law, media, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and energy industries. Founded in 1986 as a personal training and rehabilitation clinic for celebrities and discerning clients, the company has grown to be a leader in health management, employing more than 1,800 professionals in over 186 programs nationwide. Plus One’s culture of hospitality uniquely positions us to provide the finest in fitness center and spa management, with attention and efforts focused on delivering the highest level of quality in the industry.
Directly assists the Site Leader in all operations and staffing aspects of the Reception Desk. Maintain and improve the quality and service of the Reception staff by communicating with clients and team members and encouraging feedback.
- Implement and follow all Plus One and Client policies and procedures as outlined in the Team Member Manual.
- Greet members and guests as they enter the Fitness Center using a personalized approach and demonstration of P.R.I.D.E and the 5/10 Rule to determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Respond to member/guest suggestions, concerns, and complaints in a timely, professional, and consistent manner while providing the gold standard in customer service. Take ownership of challenges by finding the appropriate team member who can directly assist, if unable to provide efficient support to member/guest.
- Activate emergency action plans and administer first aid, as necessary.
- Provide guidance to team members in taking ownership of handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Assist Site Leader in providing leadership and supervision to team members.
- Act as a liaison between Site Leader/management and team members maintaining open lines of communication to provide continuous improvement in the areas of service, programming and facility operations.
- Partners with the Site Leader and/or manages (dependent on the site) the full cycle human capital inclusive of hiring, coaching, motivating, scheduling, paying, training, developing, evaluating, and terminating site staff.
- Ensures team members are continuously striving toward professional development by utilizing Talent Optimization programs.
- Interpret, communicate, and train team members on Plus One, Client, and facility policies and procedures to ensure proper implementation
- Analyze internal processes and recommend/implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations.
- Assist the Site Leader and facility maintenance with monitoring the facility to ensure that it remains safe, secure, and well-maintained to comply with government regulations, meet environmental, health, and security standards, and create a nice place to work.
- Perform all other projects and responsibilities as required.
ADDITIONAL SITE SPECIFICATIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES FOR Reception Manager:
- Administer the supervision, coordination, scheduling and operations of the reception staff.
- Plan, coordinate and administer the in-service training program for all reception staff.
- Maintain the security of Shad Hall facilities by insuring that only authorized individuals gain access to the building during operating hours.
- Conduct interviews and recommend the hiring of candidates for available front desk openings.
- Administer front desk employee evaluations and reviews.
- Develop and oversee annual expense budgets for reception department.
- Send daily reception payroll hours directly to General Manager.
- Assist in maintaining the activity of the reservation system in an accurate and orderly manner.
- Provide necessary assistance in all IM, Club, and Exec Ed court reservations and activity.
- Oversee the racquet storage system and insure that all necessary front desk equipment is in proper working order.
- Attend all weekly staff meeting with General Manager and scheduled management team meetings.
- Oversee the lost and found department and insure service is properly maintained.
- Ensure all reception employees are properly dressed, courteous and representative of all professional standards of Plus One.
- Assist in overseeing MOSO, our check-in system and membership management system to ensure it is accurate and up to date at all times for use at the front desk.
- Develop systems to keep communication process open and running for all reception staff.
- Schedule yourself on the floor a minimum of 40% per day. Goal: Recognition of most participants.
- Complete all Manager On Duty shifts when assigned as well as train new MOD’s.
- Help plan, coordinate and administer the in-service training of the Playbook, i.e. – incentive programs, one on one meetings and recognition programs.
- Oversee ordering and proper inventory of retail t-shirts and shorts that are sold at reception desk
- Maintain an adequate inventory of equipment, first aid, towels, staff uniforms, and operational desk supplies at the front desk.
- Develop departmental plans, goals, and objectives for the reception area and regularly review customer/staff feedback systems.
- Ensure whirlpools are being tested four times a day.
- Execute day-to-day responsibilities such as facility walk-throughs, facility light checks, court checks for safety, and other areas needing attention.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Hospitality,Recreation Management, Business Management, etc.). Prior experience in hospitality and or customer service training, a fitness center or spa facility, that has close interactions with members and guests. Knowledge and skills to hire, coach, train and develop staff. Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification. Must be knowledgeable about the industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests, and participants with P.R.I.D.E. Must communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from staff/clients/guests. Ability to effectively engage participants as a public speaker. Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
To apply, please visit the Join Us section of our website at www.plusone.com.