Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Plus One Health Management, Inc., is a leader in the design, development and management of corporate and commercial fitness centers, luxury spas and wellness programs. Plus One applies an integrated approach, serving some of the finest organizations in the world. Plus One’s clients include Fortune 500 companies, Mobil 5-Star rated luxury hotel properties, community organizations and world leaders in the financial services, law, media, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and energy industries. Founded in 1986 as a personal training and rehabilitation clinic for celebrities and discerning clients, the company has grown to be a leader in health management, employing more than 1,800 professionals in over 186 programs nationwide. Plus One’s culture of hospitality uniquely positions us to provide the finest in fitness center and spa management, with attention and efforts focused on delivering the highest level of quality in the industry.
We are currently seeking a part-time Registered Dietitian Nutritionist in Atlanta, GA.
A Registered Dietician Nutritionist (RDN) consistently provides each client, guest, patient with the highest level of dietary, nutrition, and weight management programming in a positive, professional, service oriented environment. In addition, the individual is expected to appropriately represent Plus One on-site at the client, as well as identify and initiate mutually beneficial new business opportunities where appropriate.
- Provide individualized nutrition counseling to clients with a wide range of medical conditions in private sessions, group settings, in-person, telephonically, or via Skype to exceed each client’s targeted goals.
- Assess nutritional needs, diet restrictions, and current health plans to develop and implement personal dietary-care plans to address the unique needs of each client.
- Counsel clients and when appropriate, their families, on basic nutritional principles, dietary plans, diet modifications, healthy eating habits, and food selection and preparation to improve quality of life.
- Work collaboratively with physicians and health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions of clients as needed.
- Develop educational program materials with the input of the Director of Nutrition and Plus One Marketing department to balance the science of healthcare with fun and motivating programs.
- Conduct at least one Plus One University course per year to promote healthy living practices and behaviors through learning, exercise and positive attitude by embracing the knowledge about our industry.
- Support of healthy café initiatives including strategy development, and on-site implementation and partnership with cafeteria vendors.
- Support additional Benefits, Wellness, health screening, and health fair projects as needed.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all site offerings such as Personal Training, Spa, Ergonomics, Wellness, Nutrition, etc. and refer members to other Plus One programs, products, and ancillary service and/or client vendor partners as needed.
- May occasionally travel to other Plus One locations for consultations and/or lectures.
- Implement and follow all Plus One and Client policies and procedures as outlined in the Team Member Manual.
- Greet members and guests using a personalized approach and demonstration of P.R.I.D.E and the 5/10 Rule.
- Respond to member/guest suggestions, concerns, and complaints in a timely, professional, and consistent manner while providing the gold standard in customer service. Take ownership of challenges by finding the appropriate team member who can directly assist, if unable to provide efficient support to member/guest.
- Activate emergency action plans and administer first aid, as necessary.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or a related field. Current professional certification or licensure such as Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and/or Licensed Dietitian (in states where licensure is applicable). Current CPR/AED certification. Knowledge of dietetic and nutrition standards and guidelines. Two years of experience as a nutritionist or dietitian. Experience in a wellness related activity or program. Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook). Must be knowledgeable about the industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests, and participants with P.R.I.D.E. Must communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from staff/clients/guests. Ability to effectively engage participants as a public speaker.
VALUED BUT NOT REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in Nutrition or a related field. A NCCA accredited personal training certification and/or group fitness certification may provide the candidate with additional opportunities. Four or more years of experience in nutrition field administering consultations and group presentations. Comprehensive understanding of the principles of exercise, cardiovascular, strength and flexibility training. Prior experience working with food service vendors in a corporate environment. Customer service training.
To apply, please visit the Join Us section of our website at www.plusone.com.