We currently are seeking a dynamic and innovative Wellness Benefits Specialist. This key position will be based in our corporate offices in Northridge, CA (So. CA).
For more than 40 years, Pharmavite has been a trusted leader in the wellness industry, recognized for providing quality vitamins, minerals and supplements and all natural snacks under our Nature Made® and SOYJOY® brand names.
Who We Are: People creating new products for better health worldwide.
What We Do: Inspiring the healthiest you through more complete nutrition… Wherever you are in life.
As a member of the Pharmavite team, employees enjoy competitive salaries and an exceptional benefits package featuring medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and long term disability coverage. In addition, employees enjoy educational assistance, credit union membership, substantial discounts on our products, and 11 paid holidays per year.
Purpose of Job:
Responsible for creating, marketing, implementing and maintaining the company-wide Wellness Program. This includes researching, developing, and administering preventive care and health education programs for employees. Partnering with external vendors to track participation for benefit incentives, and outcomes to develop needed areas of focus. Develop communications that maintain motivation and participation in programs.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Administer employee wellness program including mentoring the wellness committees at various locations, developing event calendars, identifying wellness champions to influence their work areas.
- Coordinate with insurance carriers and wellness vendors to execute planned activities that integrate our insurance plans and promote the use of the medical plan to promote wellness.
- Plan health fairs, screening events and other Wellness related activities; partner with wellness committees at other locations to assist in executing their events.
- Dynamically market the program to employees to establish and maintain program momentum
- Develop educational content to facilitate employee engagement and improve health outcomes through multiple communication mediums including (e-mail, posters, mail to home)
- Regularly introduce new initiatives to drive employee participation
- Maintain a wellness website and develop and update the communication materials
- Implement and utilize measures to efficiently and accurately track employee wellness goals, targets, milestones, etc.
- Assess program effectiveness and Return on Investment through metric data analysis.
- Analyze aggregate metric data to identify population health performance and trends for the design and development of future program initiatives.
- Collaborates on benefit plan design and specific wellness based benefits to engage employees and their families long term.
- Present benefits at new employee orientation, and assist with responding to employee benefit questions at annual open enrollment meeting
- Support the Benefits Administrator as needed on other areas of benefits administration including leave of absence administration, updating and distributing communications, reporting on benefit metrics, and how our wellness plan efforts impact overall cost.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Some college level course work preferred.
Requires 2-5 years experience in Human Resources with prior experience administering wellness programs.
- Prior experience developing and presenting wellness programs in corporate, public, or community health education or health promotion.
- Knowledge of the health and wellness marketplace and employer trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including composing and conducting presentations, composing programs, and interfacing with a diverse group of internal staff/management and external vendors and community resources.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and work independently to initiate group activities
- Analytical experience, comfortable with Excel, running reporting and able to produce Powerpoint presentations based on findings.
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple priorities
- Strong computer skills to include Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Familiar with automated HR information systems
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
General office environment, ability to sit for long periods of time. Ability to move about an office.
Exposure to disagreeable elements is negligible. Office type jobs and conditions. Frequent, intermittent, intense or close attention to detail. Fairly tedious.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
The incumbent has no direct supervisory responsibility.
Pharmavite is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. F/M/Disability/Vet
Visit our Product Web Sites: