Wellness Coach (Part-time Temporary) – Hyde Park, NY
West’s Health Advocate Solutions group is excited to announce a great opportunity to use your penchant for wellness and health and help our members lead a healthier, more satisfying, and overall happier lives. Our Wellness Coaches were born with the ability to educate, persuade, and develop people – this is simply something we cannot teach! We also consider a CHES certification, superior experience in dietary, fitness, and healthcare to be indicative of success in this role.
This will be a temporary assignment running July through November. It will require 20 hours per week (two 10-hour work days) and coaching will be mediated on-site at our client’s facility in Hyde Park, NY.
Furthermore, our Wellness Coaches will be responsible for:
- Assisting members in establishing and meeting healthy goals that lead to life style improvement and positive member outcomes through frequent verbal and written coaching sessions
- Providing email and telephonic coaching to members from the phone queue system in regards to life style and health related initiatives (e.g. lose weight, get fit, reduce stress, etc.)
- Assisting members with recognizing health related problems and developing appropriate solutions to resolve health hurdles
- Actively participating and leading health issue training sessions for members and clients as assigned
- Following established coaching and departmental protocols and operations processes to ensure compliance with applicable local and national laws and regulations
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in fitness, public health, healthcare management, or a related field required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in fitness, public health, healthcare management, or a related field is preferred
- Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
- Minimum of 2 year’s customer facing benefit administration, healthcare, nursing, dietary, fitness, or a related experience is required
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Based on program may need to be bilingual in English, Spanish, etc.
- Applicable fitness, training, dietary, or other related certifications preferred
A successful incumbent in the job will be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Strong communication skills and phone etiquette
- Strong ability to explain complex issues to members in simple, understandable terms
- Highly effective listening skills
- Strong problems solving/issue resolution skills
- Excellent customer service and customer resolution skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
West is the leading independent provider of healthcare advocacy products and services to employees of large organizations. Our Health Advocate division serves 40+ million Americans through more than 10,000 client relationships, including many of the nation’s largest companies. By helping members personally maneuver healthcare and insurance-related issues, we save our customers time and money. Our leading-edge technology platform combined with clinical experts can support consumers with any healthcare or health insurance issue. West leverages the power of data analytics with pricing transparency and personalized health communications to help members make better-informed decisions and get more value from the healthcare system. Additional services include wellness coaching, Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), nurse line, biometrics screenings and chronic care solutions.
We connect. We deliver. We are West!
Don’t forget to join our online talent community and “Like” West Careers on Facebook to receive updates about exciting opportunities and network with other West employees!