SALARY: $59,578.00 – $83,413.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 1/15/16
CLOSING DATE: Please apply on-line at www.chandleraz.gov by 2/12/16 11:59PM
The City of Chandler Human Resources Department is currently seeking qualified individuals who are interested in filling the position of WELLNESS COORDINATOR. This is a full-time benefited position.
The primary function of an employee in this class is to plan, develop, implement and monitor City-wide wellbeing initiatives consistent with the City’s wellness strategy. This classification develops, markets, promotes and teaches programs that enhance awareness, motivation and engage and focus employees that help them adapt and maintain a well- rounded, healthy lifestyle. The Wellness Coordinator is responsible for administrative functions of the programs, as well communication and support of Departments and participants that enhance the general wellness culture within the City.
Essential Functions (list not exhaustive):
- Develops, coordinates, manages, and maintains total wellbeing programming to reduce health risk, medical costs and encourage healthy lifestyles this includes development of wellness curriculum, events, training and education;
- Establishes relationships and consults with departments and employees to align efforts and reinforce a culture of wellness;
- Facilitates the Wellness Committee and provides guidance and support to committee leaders on implementation of wellness efforts;
- Stays current on and implements any changes to health and wellness regulations with government agencies;
- Assists in developing a total health management strategy for internal employees;
- Communicates goals and outcomes of the program to employees and management;
- Gathers and analyzes data to measure success on wellness programs including establishing metrics to measure the effective of wellness initiatives;
- Conducts benchmarking analysis and culture assessments to aid in program development;
- Implements wellbeing related activities (e.g., health screenings, lunch and learn seminars);
- Identifies wellness vendors and manages the procurement process;
- Answers employee questions regarding benefits and the wellness program;
- Coaches employees on health-related topics, assists with goal setting;
- Drafts employee communications with respect to new benefits or wellness programming;
- Makes budget recommendations to Benefits Program Manager in regards to wellness initiatives/programs;
- Works with benefit vendors to increase participation in wellness initiatives and increase compliance rates for preventive screenings;
- Evaluates efficiency of health care benefit plan and service delivery methods, makes recommendations for modifications as necessary;
- Keep abreast of current national wellness and wellbeing initiatives and activities, developing a network of resources and contact to use as appropriate; and
- Works effectively with all levels of employees at various locations to achieve wellness goals;
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with City policies and procedures;
- Works in a safe manner and reports unsafe activity and conditions. Follows City-wide safety policy and practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety prevention, reporting and monitoring as outlined in the City’s Safety Handbook.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science/Wellness, Occupational Health, or a related field; and
- Four (4) years’ experience in benefits administration including wellness program development and implementation, or directly related experience; and
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License with acceptable driving record; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- One (1) year of wellness coaching experience;
- Bilingual in Spanish.
In order to evaluate the fitness of prospective employees, the City of Chandler fingerprints all applicants selected for hire. The examination process may vary if determined necessary.
This position is a regular full-time position and is subject to a six (6) month probationary period. A register of qualified candidates will be active for four (4) months should another position become available.
The City of Chandler will conduct a pre-employment MVRRS (Motor Vehicle Record Request System) check as a condition of employment; all offers are contingent upon acceptable results.
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation.