Wellness Coordinator II
ROLE OF POSITION
Serve as the main point of contact for a designated number of Healthbreak clients to coordinate, implement and manage their employee wellness programs and initiatives using an internet based health management application and wellness services to drive improvements in health risks and other identified measures. Provide excellent customer service, proactive solutions, and respond immediately to any requests to ensure optimal retention of business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct, coordinate and remotely manage the implementation of the myhealthbreak wellness portal, health screenings, coaching, and other services for 4-7 clients primarily by way of telephone conferences, traveling to the client site, meetings or utilizing the internet.
- Provide clients guidance during enrollment, engagement and completion phases of their annual program to achieve identified targets and standards for performance, quality, culture and legislative adherence.
- Utilize best practice standards to guide client decisions around strategy, use of wellness portal components and other services, and incentives integration to ensure optimal success.
- Coordinate all other aspects of a comprehensive wellness program including health awareness campaigns, seminars, behavior change programs, wellness challenge programs, and special events for an employer with a diverse workforce of approximately 2700 employees dispersed across multiple buildings.
- Contribute to the overall benefits planning including health management strategy; create an annual wellness program plan for approval.
- Collaborate with HR team and other stakeholders in the delivery of the program; help increase and maintain program buy-in and support through all levels of the client organization
- Recommend, purchase and distribute motivating incentives and other promotion items for engagement in wellness program offerings.
- Lead and proactively build the wellness committee and other champions to expand program outreach and increase participation rates.
- Assist in the oversight of client-provided onsite employee fitness centers; provide guidance on equipment maintenance/replacement; advertise fitness classes; assist in selection of group fitness class instructors.
- Create and/or coordinate marketing and communication materials for the wellness program; effectively target various populations by demographics, health risks or building locations; leverage existing resources and recommend new mediums.
- Maintain accurate records and ensure confidentiality of data collected is in compliance with HIPAA standards and other regulations and policies
- Prepare, interpret and deliver program summary and evaluation reports utilizing group participation, risk and other data; present an annual organizational health report to each employer client; continually evaluate programming needs and delivery methods to identify improvement strategies
- Manage and control allocated time and budgets assigned per client; make purchases, track all expenses and prepare billing reports using provided standards; approve client invoices; forecast future budget needs.
- Troubleshoot all issues immediately, work to resolve quickly, document and share with others as outlined in procedures.
- Work to effectively integrate with other client departments, benefit partners, and vendors to deliver a seamless, unified program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Indirect supervision of employees that assist in the delivery of client services. Oversight of contracted instructors and other vendor contracts as required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in health promotion, exercise science, corporate wellness or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the delivery and coordination of worksite-based health promotion programs; experience with coordinating wellness programs remotely for multiple locations or employers preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience implementing internet based health management portals and other digital health applications and services.
- Successful experience in the areas of needs assessment, program planning and development, marketing and promotion, implementation and delivery, and evaluation.
- One or more additional certifications: ACSM, CHES, NSCA, MCHES, HIA, HCP or similar industry credentials.
- Current CPR, AED and First Aid certification required.