Food. Cooking. Wellness . Is this your life? Do you believe that commitment unlocks unlimited potential? We are the perfect Company to launch or further your career. We are all about great ingredients, culinary innovation and nourishing inspiration.
Guckenheimer is looking for its next wellness champion! As a Wellness Manager for our corporate office, you will lead engaging programs aimed at promoting healthy lifestyles and increasing employees’ well-being.
Guckenheimer is a fast growing high quality foodservice management company that is orientated to Health and Wellness for our employees and clients, is recognized by Training Magazine as a Training 125 Company, 2015 & 2016, in 37 states nationwide, and embraces many more attributes for innovative practices for our industry.
We encourage you to apply to our Wellness Manager opportunity and bring your knowledge of wellness and health talents to our Wellness Program.
The Corporate Wellness Manager creates and monitors health programs intended to improve the health and well-being of our employees and their families, using preventative means that provide measurable results. These leading edge benefit programs are valued, market based, innovative, positioned for growth and are financially responsible, and untimely healthcare costs.
- Build an understanding of what “wellness” means to the Company and the employees, implement innovative programs for all employees and their families promoting a healthy well-being and make concrete changes to improve their health and wellbeing.
- Development and implementation of Wellness Incentive Programs, Health Risk Assessments
- Establish a roadmap for wellness focusing on chronic illnesses, prevention and well-being
- Measure and monitor the effectiveness of benefit plans, interpreting data trends and themes and measure success by turning data into viable recommendations for programs and benefits
- Evaluate and compare existing Company benefits benchmarking with peer companies by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information. Plan, develop, and/or participate in area and industry surveys. Analyze survey results and develop specific recommendations to senior management.
- Work with our Insurance Broker and Benefit Manager in driving the request for information and / or request for proposal processes for traditional and innovative benefits prior to renewal and open enrollment to ensure healthy living campaigns
Communication and Education to the Company
- Coordinate with management and external (third party vendors) partners to ensure best practices are applied for an excellent wellness experience to the employees
- Develop and improve wellness communication methods and programs during all phases of the employee life cycle; serving as a lead communicator influencing expert knowledge from the plan external and internal partners and resources
- Responsible for employee engagement and driving empowerment to be smart users of the Company tools provided to help employees become better educated about health. Assist by applying best practices and influencing resources to ensure responsiveness when employees have hit a road block.
- When communicating information, utilize continuous process improvement to ensure the quality, accuracy, and consistency of delivery of information about the wellness program.
- Design, create content, launch and conduct communication campaigns and educational programs that ensures employees successfully engage in the wellness process and understand their offerings and their value
- Install / update plan annually as approved by management preparing announcement material booklets and other media for communicating new plans to employees
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Health related field or 4 years of experience in a similar working environment
- At least 3 years of progressive experience to include design, implementation and management of wellness programs of similar sized organizations (3,000-4,000 employees)
- Wellness certification(s), coursework or experience in health related field such as exercise physiology health studies, occupational health, nutrition
- Demonstrated ability to develop communication and training content to all levels of employees on a variety of types of benefit programs and health and well-being topics
- Strong analytical skills and solution delivery
- Experience in creating and introduction new plans / programs with attention to detail and functionality
- Well versed in Microsoft Office, HRIS – Ulti-Pro preferred
- Innovative and strategic thinking
- Strong organizational and time management skills and capabilities of thriving in a fast paced environment
- Collaborative team player and ability to liaise with HR partners, Legal, and Senior Management
- Expertise with government regulations relative to wellness programs
- Respectable interpersonal and client facing skills and ability to influence decisions
- Self-starter, resourceful and ability to independently drive initiatives and achieve goals
- Knowledge of principles of health behavior, health information and preventative medicine
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation, communication skills
- Certified Worksite Wellness Specialist (CWWS) and/or
Certified Wellness Specialist (CWP)
Reporting to: Vice President Human Resources
Guckenheimer Embraces Equal Opportunity Employment
Guckenheimer participates in the E-Verify Program, as required by law