2018 was a formative year for all of us in the wellness industry, and WELCOA owes each of you our gratitude. We set out to listen to the needs of wellness professionals in our membership and across the industry and learn from leading wellness research. Then we announced this past March that, as the world of workplace wellness continues to change and evolve, so will we. WELCOA dedicated its year to researching, developing and implementing the best possible experience in education for workplace wellness.
Take a look at these exciting industry achievements that have taken wellness to a whole new level:
- For the first time in WELCOA’s history, we published a definition of wellness that WELCOA members and the industry-at-large will use to gauge how they are doing in regard to employee wellness. Successful workplace wellness initiatives require supporting employees in fulfilling their needs in these seven areas: Health, Meaning, Safety, Connection, Achievement, Growth and Resiliency.
- The second generation of the Seven Benchmarks™ for building results-oriented workplace wellness programs was announced. This structure helps organizations that are dedicated to the health of their employees create a framework that is tailored toward their values, mission, vision and goals for wellness. Just like the first generation of Benchmarks, the evolved seven-step Well Workplace ProcessTM is a reflection of years of research, and is an iterative change management process that is relevant for all organizations.
- A brand new Seven Benchmarks Certification Course was launched on the WELCOA Institute for Wellness Studies. This course will help health promotion professionals master the skills needed to design and deliver successful employee wellness initiatives. This resource has already helped hundreds of WELCOA Members gain a deeper understanding of how to successfully start and grow their wellness initiatives, increase employee engagement and effectively communicate their wellness value story.
- The 2018 WELCOA Summit featured inspiring presentations from 30 industry expert speakers and love, growth and learning from over 450 attendees who serve as leaders in health and wellness from all over the world — encompassing the themes from all aspects of holistic wellness.
- A new organization-facing wellness assessment, the Well Workplace Checklist launched in September of this year. The Checklist is a 150-question, interactive worksite wellness assessment that measures your organization’s alignment with WELCOA’s Seven Benchmarks and gives you customized recommendations and resources for designing strategic initiatives and supportive climates for wellness. Since 2015, WELCOA has invested in researching and developing their evolved Seven Benchmarks and Well Workplace Process as the foundation for building results-oriented workplace wellness programs. This R&D involved researchers, futurists, and industry experts. Use this quick guide to help you prepare to take the Well Workplace Checklist.
- For years, WELCOA has been producing an affordable monthly employee newsletter, and this year it was given a facelift. In May, WELCOA launched Well Balanced™, a fresh new employee wellness newsletter with science-backed, hype-free content that provides hopeful and holistic wellness skill-building and education. You can learn more about connecting your employees with Well Balanced, and more on WELCOA’s Store.
From all of us at WELCOA we wish you and your families a healthy and happy holiday season and great start to 2019.
With love and gratitude,
-The WELCOA family